Transfer and Spraymalt Conditioning

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relax.
If you have cleaned and sterilised properly it is quite difficult to ruin beer.
If your calculations are out you might have extra/less fizz in your final product.
The pb should vent any that is too much for the barrel and you may have to reprime the barrel with more sugarwhen you are about half way down.
Try and keep it somewhere warm for 2 weeks to aid co2 build up and then somewhere cooler for another 2 before cracking the barrel.

Hi All!

The beer has now been in the barrel for the second fermentation for 3 weeks, of which 2 weeks the barrell was kept in a relatively warm room 20 degrees, and for the past week I had it located outside for a cool temperature.

Last night I tried a sample, the beer is still cloudy, although drinkable it tasted a bit flat with a sour edge.

Any tips on how to proceed form here. Remember form above that I think I put too much priming sugar in.

Thanks,

Rob.

Hi All!

The beer has now been in the barrel for the second fermentation for 3 weeks, of which 2 weeks the barrell was kept in a relatively warm room 20 degrees, and for the past week I had it located outside for a cool temperature.

Last night I tried a sample, the beer is still cloudy, although drinkable it tasted a bit flat with a sour edge.

Any tips on how to proceed form here. Remember form above that I think I put too much priming sugar in.

Thanks,

Rob.

Best tip is to wait a few weeks until it is ready. If the barrel has a valve that permits venting of excess CO2, nothing will go amiss. If it just has a screw top lid, it may be wise to vent some gas by loosening the top.

I loosened the screw top lid today but there wasn't any gas to vent. I poured a small glass and there was a small amount of head, more so than the week previously I am sure so hopefully something is happening.

What sort of conditions should I keep the barrell at, currently it's in the living room and isn't covered.

Thanks!

No real change in the past 4 weeks with my brew in the secondary fermentation process (barrel). The beer is flat and cloudy.

Is there anything I can do to rescue it?

Back