Tribute inspired modified kit recipe.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattfryer

Reaction score
Evening all,

Going to progress on from straight kits to a few modified kits over the winter.
Living in the South West I got into Ale on Tribute so wanted to do a tribute inspired modified kit brew.

Here's my thoughts so far.. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated before I start a brew day.

500g Crystal Malt for 30 mins 60-70'c
500g Amber Spray Malt
30g fuggles for 60 mins boil
10g Styrian 15 mins
10g Willamette 15 mins
10g Fuggles 10 mins

Off boil for 30 mins steep with
15g Styrian
15g Willamette

Coopers Real Ale LME Can
Gervin GV12 Yeast (rehydrated with some of the above wort)

Not sure if I have gone totally wrong there or what it will end up like but I need to start somewhere.

If you are going to use all those malts and hops why not skip the kit and use a couple of tins of malt extract. You may well end up with something to bitter as the kit is already hopped, also the donar kit will probably have different aroma hops that you probably don't want. Try googling tribute clone extract recipes. :thumb:

Cheers for that, only went with a coopers can as base as I was lead to believe they are quite bland in native form.

I am not wanting to brew an exact replica of it (although just found a kit on Brew UK which looks very tempting.)

Thanks for the heads up on the ME though.

Ive just ordered the all grain kit from brew UK, as like you im from the westcountry and was brought up on butcomb and tribute.

Ill let you know how it turns out :)

Teal ended up ordering the extract kit myself in the end plus a can of light malt extract to have a go at my own version.

Now to get a 15l pan.

Latest posts

Back