Trumble dryer fires

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tau

Landlord.
Reaction score
Tumble dryers catching fire http://www.bbc.co.u/news/video_and_audio/headlines/37583119
&
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37571523

My hotpoint caught fire, luckily I was in the room at the time, this was 6 months before I got a letter from hotpoint telling that it might catch fire. I put it outside still smoldering went to get a pen and paper to jot down serial number etc to phone hotpoint and the bloody rag & bone were in the garden carting it off, I let it go. I'd check if you have any of the makes listed Whirlpool, Hotpoint, Creda and Indesit.

Hotpoint would entertain us when we requested a new one when the letter arrived (well they did stating they would deliver a new one early 2017!), So read up on it and found out that the seller has an obligation to refund/send a new one out.

They did a week later, they came and swapped the possible faulty one for a new one.

Just thought id share this in case anyone else is in the same situation.

Jay :)

Hotpoint would entertain us when we requested a new one when the letter arrived (well they did stating they would deliver a new one early 2017!), So read up on it and found out that the seller has an obligation to refund/send a new one out.

They did a week later, they came and swapped the possible faulty one for a new one.

Just thought id share this in case anyone else is in the same situation.

Jay :)

I am, so what did you do? Email/write them a letter?

My wife sorted it, she phoned them, think we purchased off Boots Kitchen Appliance online. To be fair it went smoothly with no fuss.

Jay

We stopped using a tumble dryer a couple of years ago when ours (luckily) stopped blowing hot air, within a couple of months Mrs Tea noticed how much less electric we were using (we all know they use a lot but when you see the actual amount it is frightening) we will not be replacing it.

Latest posts

Back