Turbo cider help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigsteve2007

Reaction score
hello, ok i have decided to give turbo cider another chance and i have followed a simple recipe for 3L of cider. basically i added 3L of apple juice and beer yeast (all i had). the sugar content is pretty high in the juice so decided not to add anymore to see how it goes! basically i did this on the 27th and now there is no more bubbles going though the airlock at all (when posted it was the 31st). But it looks like this.
turbo.JPG

Should i say it is done and start bottling or what? should it have cleared?

To be certain it has stopped fermenting, use your hydrometer to check the gravity, when it hasn't changed between 2 readings 24 hours apart it isn't fermenting :thumb:
If you haven't got a hydrometer, buy one they are about £2 and are essential if you want to produce consistent home brew ;)

an update, fiz in bottle now come to a halt no froth at all
turbo2.JPG

everyone think its done? and is it ment to be that colour?

at the mo i dont have a trail jar and i can only get stuff off the net at the min.

an update ive decided to bottle it! got 5 full bottles out of it so nice amount to throw if its ranck lol but a nice amount for me and the mates to sample lol hopefully itll settle and wont look like wee in a bottle

The little container that your hydrometer came in doubles up as a handy trial jar, just don't forget to sterilise it!! :) handy!

Latest posts

Back