Ukraine: Russia has launched 'full-scale invasion'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ukraine: Chris Parry and Andrew Bagshaw killed in Soledar rescue attempt.​

1674593332383.png

British nationals Chris Parry and Andrew Bagshaw who were reported missing in eastern Ukraine have been killed, their families have said.
Mr Bagshaw, 47, and Mr Parry, 28, were last seen heading to the city of Soledar on 6 January.
Mr Bagshaw's family said the pair were attempting to rescue an elderly woman when their cars were hit by a shell.
The family of Mr Parry said the men had died while "attempting a humanitarian evacuation".
Earlier this month, the Russian mercenary group Wagner claimed the body of one of the men had been found.
Soledar had been the focus of intense fighting. Earlier this month Russia's military claimed to have captured the Ukrainian salt-mine time town after a long battle.
In a statement issued by the UK Foreign Office, Rob, Christine and Katy Parry wrote: "It is with great sadness we have to announce that our beloved Chrissy has been killed along with his colleague Andrew Bagshaw whilst attempting a humanitarian evacuation from Soledar, eastern Ukraine."

Speaking of Mr Parry, originally from Truro in Cornwall, they said: "His selfless determination in helping the old, young and disadvantaged there has made us and his larger family extremely proud. We never imagined we would be saying goodbye to Chris when he had such a full life ahead of him. He was a caring son, fantastic brother, a best friend to so many and a loving partner to Olga.
"Chris was a confident, outward looking and adventurous young man who was loyal to everyone he knew. He lived and worked away as a software engineer but Cornwall was always his home. He loved rock climbing, cycling, running and skydiving and wanted to travel the world.
"He found himself drawn to Ukraine in March in its darkest hour at the start of the Russian invasion and helped those most in need, saving over 400 lives plus many abandoned animals.
"It is impossible to put into words how much he will be missed but he will forever be in our hearts.
"We feel so privileged that he chose our family to be part of."
Mr Parry and Mr Bagshaw had been in the Donetsk region of eastern Ukraine doing voluntary work.
Mr Bagshaw was a British national but lived in New Zealand.
His parents, Dame Sue and Prof Phil Bagshaw, said the men had been delivering food and medicines and helping the elderly.
In a statement released via news outlets they said Mr Parry and Mr Bagshaw "were attempting to rescue an elderly woman from Soledar, in an area of intense military action, when their car was hit by an artillery shell.
"Andrew selflessly took many personal risks and saved many lives; we love him and are very proud indeed of what he did."
Cherilyn Mackrory, the Conservative MP for Truro and Falmouth, tweeted: "My deepest condolences to the family of my constituent Christopher Parry, whose death in Ukraine has been confirmed by the Foreign Office.
"My thoughts are with his family at this time, and I understand they are receiving support from Foreign Office staff."
The Foreign Office has previously warned against all travel to Ukraine, saying there is "a real risk to life".
British nationals still in Ukraine should leave immediately if it is safe to do so, it said.

BBC News

1674593371076.png

Mass Resignations Rock Ukrainian Government Amid Corruption Scandals​

• Deputy Prosecutor General Oleskiy Symonenko
  • Deputy Minister for Development of Communities and Territories Ivan Lukeryu
  • Deputy Minister for Development of Communities and Territories Vyacheslav Negoda
  • Deputy Minister for Social Policy Vitaliy Muzychenk
  • And the regional governors of Dnipropetrovsk, Zaporizhzhia, Kyiv, Sumy and Kherson
"the defense ministry had earlier announced the resignation of deputy minister Vyacheslav Shapovalov, who was in charge of the army's logistical support, on the heels of accusations it was signing food contracts at inflated prices."

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/11458

The Duran mulling the possibility that the tanks, Leopard IIs etc, being urgently requested from NATO and partners are going to go towards an international intervention force building up in Poland. Ukraine is at the limit of manpower reserves. The front lines are collapsing. A Polish minister (Sikorsky) previously let slip that Poland considered occupying (previously Polish) areas in western Ukraine at the start of the war.

Both Germany and the Soviet Union invaded Poland in WW2 (many countries took a share of subsequent land grabs). The allies declared war on only Germany. At the end of the war Poland was handed over to the Soviet Union.

If Poland occupies part of Ukraine, they won't have to worry about a Ukrainian rebellion since they sent so many of their best men to die on the front lines. It will make it clear that none of this was about helping Ukrainian people.

Sad to see, Germany pressured into providing weapons. Russia lost 27 million people during WW2. Still no word on who blew up the gas line to Germany. It's a strange world we live in
Qui bono? Who benefits?

The German government benefited from the explosion as until then they had been facing pressure from the population to make a deal with Russia and get gas flowing.

The US benefits as huge manufacturing is moving from Germany to USA, along with skilled people. Germany is ****** for 10 years or more. If their dreams come true, and Russia is flattened, it will take a decade to quell dissent and rebuild the gas industry and pipelines.

A Polish MP thanked the US for the sabotage

https://euroweeklynews.com/2022/09/...g-with-image-of-damaged-nord-stream-pipeline/

Sad to see, Germany pressured into providing weapons. Russia lost 27 million people during WW2. Still no word on who blew up the gas line to Germany. It's a strange world we live in
Yes, I understand the German nation still has echos of what it did to Russia in WW2. How long will it take countries that have bad blood between them to totally forgive and forget? It's for the families of the victims to do that I'd suggest.

Maybe all of those who were there need to pass away and yet the perseuction committed by Germany should never be forgotten.

I think Germany giving up on nuclear after Fukushima and turning more to Russian gas as well at Putin thinking he could get away with Crimea 2.0. Both the west and russia have made a number of mistakes to end up in this awful situation.

Yes, I understand the German nation still has echos of what it did to Russia in WW2. How long will it take countries that have bad blood between them to totally forgive and forget? It's for the families of the victims to do that I'd suggest.

Maybe all of those who were there need to pass away and yet the perseuction committed by Germany should never be forgotten.

I think Germany giving up on nuclear after Fukushima and turning more to Russian gas as well at Putin thinking he could get away with Crimea 2.0. Both the west and russia have made a number of mistakes to end up in this awful situation.
I was under the impression that Russia and Germany had a good relationship. This resulted in Germany having one of the largest economies in the world. All powered by the gas supplied by Russia

I was under the impression that Russia and Germany had a good relationship. This resulted in Germany having one of the largest economies in the world. All powered by the gas supplied by Russia
Not entirely that simple (buy a huge part).
East Germany was part of the Soviet sphere until the 1990s (Angela Merkel could speak Russian. Putin served in Dreden).
Germany is a Central European country which looks both east and west historically.

Very little on the MSM about the gas pipe line again. I am shocked to report it was the American's . Who would of guessed that 🤣

Apparently they had an agreement but it's wasn't supported by the UK or America.
What was the agreement????
I honestly never heard off any consensus between Ukraine/Russia.

Ukraines stated war aims is the recovery off all their territory including the Crimea.

Russia would never agree to the loss of the Crimea.

Latest posts

Back