Unexpected Brewday - pics being added

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawks

Landlord.
Reaction score
Well, weather looks set not to try and flood me out so going to make the most of it before tomorrows storm and get a brew on...

Have been looking at the Bombay IPA posts lately and managed to get some ahtanum from e-bid so thats the rough plan...

Pale Malt - 12kg
Vienna - 500g

Ahtanum 20g 70 mins
Centennial - 20g 70 mins
Chinook - 30g 70 mins

Ahtanum 20g 30 mins
Centennial - 20g 30 mins
Chinook - 25g 30 mins

Ahtanum 60g steep
Centennial - 60g steep
Chinook - 40g steep

Yeast WLP023

Aiming for 50 ish litres at 1.056
47 IBU ( reduced from most recipes but that's just my taste preference )

Garage already smelling great :thumb:

nice one, it's a smashing beer.

I've got some WLP023 in the fridge, and have never used it before; how do you like it?

Good Ed said:
nice one, it's a smashing beer.

I've got some WLP023 in the fridge, and have never used it before; how do you like it?

It rocks :thumb:

IMHO works well in all beers, especially good in a standard bitter or stout but I think it also balances nicely into the hoppy pales.

If I had to only use one yeast, this would be the one for me :thumb: ( although there are a lot more to try :whistle: )

Main things to note are it ferments BIG, you need headspace ( but also easy to top crop )
It can also be a bit of a bugger to clear, but cooling and gelatine work fine, isinglass even better.

Hot break at the end of the boil

Turning it onto hop soup

using some of the recent rain to do the cooling

Aerating into the FV

Everthing is now packed up again, just about to go and pour a brew :thumb:

nobyipa said:
and thermometer you have there
:thumb: :drink:

Its the only one that has ever lasted.. had to put a new battery in a few weeks ago... :thumb: Must be around three years old now

This is one of my favorite brews.i have got 25 litres of this in my fermentor ready to be kegged and I can't wait to get stuck into it :cheers:

Latest posts

Back