Using a battery drill to oxygenate kit wort?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know people who use one with a plaster mixer to dissolve their fermentables! Guess that aerates it too?

I just drop my water in from a spare FV via the tap into my fermenting FV from a height (kitchen work top) - it comes out like a cappuccino and has done the job for me without electrical tools and the associated risk of infection. You also have two free hands for adding sugars and adjuncts in too.

I decant mine from one vessel to another for about 10-12 times

Scaff

I pour mine from a fast running tap to a 2L jug and pour from a a height of three feet into the FV . More often than not my brews are on there way within twelve hours. Just how much oxygen can one create by various methods ? There must be a saturation point !

Yep, 2 litre jug straight from tap (hard water area) and tip from work top height. Loads of bubbles.

I have always used my garden hose at fairly high pressure (run plenty water through first), and my paddle, perfect for me...........

I know people who use one with a plaster mixer to dissolve their fermentables! Guess that aerates it too?

Make one out of an old coat hanger, the guy in the video shows how and it works a treat.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMwq3TpkqCE[/ame]

I pour direct from an outdoor tap (well, in the garage) and the height combined with the pressure do a cracking job, so much so that I need to wait quite a while for the bubbled to die down before adding the yeast.

Adding the yeast straight away wont do any harm, so long as the temp is ok, it will help disperse the bubbles...........

Latest posts

Back