Vegans

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll probably find that the complainers complain about absolutely everything. And go into a strop or a hissy fit if they don't get their own way no matter how stupid and ridiculous their demands are. It's amazing how many idiots are out there,well it isn't really. I'm not on about people making lifestyle choices but the day to day lunatics.

They are not telling them what they can and cannot eat, they are asking that they stop filling the air with a BBQ stink. I would be the same if I’d just stuck a load of washing out to dry.
Well this might be a fabricated story or not, but really? you'd seriously ask your neighbours to immediately stop their BBQ with the family all sat out in the back garden, the garden table all laid with salad, snacks, condiments and all the other accoutrements that come with a BBQ with everyone sat around eagerly anticipating that first bite into their overcooked and charred cheap supermarket burger of the summer knowing it will probably the the only opportunity of the whole summer to have a BBQ given our crappy weather? What exactly would you have them to do? crawl back into their home with their tails between their legs, close the doors and windows to seal cooking smells inside and sit around the family table munching on their 'indoor BBQ' while looking out of the patio doors at the nice weather outside and the sight of your Y-fronts flapping in the breeze over the garden fence? On what level is this request reasonable?

Asking your neighbour to stop bashing the hammer constructing that garden shed at 10pm in the evening...that is a fair and reasonable response...but asking a neighbour to stop their BBQ on a nice summers day?...think that is overstepping any realistic sense of reasonableness. Sure anyone can make a request of anyone at any time whether it be a reasonable request or not. But that doesn't mean the request can't be denied for equally reasonable or unreasonable reasons, and the requestor has no right to be offended or angry at whatever response they get, as long as its polite of course.

The other day i was in tesco parked legally in a disabled bay, i noticed a guy sat in a wheel chair with shopping, next thing a 4x4 rolls up and parked in one of the leccy bays opposit me an older woman gets out and pushes the wheel chair over to the car, then a a guy about my age turns up in a ev and starts having ago at the woman being illegally parked and he wanted to charge is car so she said very politely just give me 5 mins and i am gone well ev man was having none of it and launched a tirade of abuse at her well she launched into a rage and gave him a proper bollac-ing useing words that make a sas soldier blush i was pissing myself, my point are peoples lives so full they cant spare 5 mins even for a disabled person

Rodcx500z - i noticed a guy sat in a wheel chair with shopping, next thing a 4x4 rolls up and parked in one of the leccy bays opposit me an older woman gets out and pushes the wheel chair over to the car,

Where had the woman in the 4x4 who was picking up the person in the wheelchair been?

Were all the disabled parking bays full?

Were all the other EV bays full and this was the only one available?

How did she get the person in the wheelchair into a 4x4?

Last edited:
The older couple next door are obsessed with anybody parking outside their house. Constant curtain twitchers. They'll even come outside and either stand staring or huff and puff and pace about. They've asked me to shift my car a few times but if I come in off nights and there's nowhere to park outside theirs it goes.

The older couple next door are obsessed with anybody parking outside their house. Constant curtain twitchers. They'll even come outside and either stand staring or huff and puff and pace about. They've asked me to shift my car a few times but if I come in off nights and there's nowhere to park outside theirs it goes.

We try to not park outside other peoples homes if someone has parked outside ours but its not always possible, most of us especially the ones that have lived here a long time will move when a space outside our house becomes available, no one has ever fallen out over parking.

Thing is there's only them and they have room for at least 3 cars on their drive!

As a truck driver i find that really annoying you wouldn't believe the amount of people who park in narrow streets who have off street parking they probably dont use it because they cannot reverse which is something else i see regularly, the standard of driving in this country is a joke.

Had this when I lived in London, the lady was so rude about parking outside her house that I parked there as often as I could afterwards.

Where had the woman in the 4x4 who was picking up the person in the wheelchair been?

Were all the disabled parking bays full?

Were all the other EV bays full and this was the only one available?

How did she get the person in the wheelchair into a 4x4?
1 no idea maybe she dropped him to shop and nipped somewere else
2 he was sat next to the empty bay i took
3 all bays full, 2 ev bays one full she parked in the other
4 not a clue as the wife returned and we left

So all disabled bays were full so she took the only EV bay that was free.

Sorry mate but i think the guy in the EV was right we dont know how much charge he had left and how soon he needed to be where he was going.

EV bays are no bigger than any other bays so no advantage in her taking the only bay that was empty she could have used the nearest available bay, i could understand her argument if her husband was on walking sticks or could only walk a very short distance but he was in a chair so although it may sound harsh there was no reason for her to take the EV bay and inconvenience the EV driver who's circumstances we know nothing of.

I was just reading elsewhere on SM about someone moaning that her neighbour was smoking, in his own garden, and the smoke was getting into her bedroom through open windows, and she thought her neighbour unreasonable? Do you sympathise with her? My take is, sorry, people should be free to smoke on their own property. if she finds it such an issue, close the window, or get a fan. But people's views are coloured by their opinions on smoking and meat-eating.

They are not telling them what they can and cannot eat, they are asking that they stop filling the air with a BBQ stink. I would be the same if I’d just stuck a load of washing out to dry.
complain to a farmer about their muckspreaking and you could find an trailer of it parked outside your house.

You'll probably find that the complainers complain about absolutely everything. And go into a strop or a hissy fit if they don't get their own way no matter how stupid and ridiculous their demands are. It's amazing how many idiots are out there,well it isn't really. I'm not on about people making lifestyle choices but the day to day lunatics.
yup it's bizarre. three or 4 times a year when the weather is dead calm a smell comes over from the sewage treatment plant. Should read the forecast for when those conditions are due and ask everyone in the the area to hold it in for a day or so or not flush?

yup it's bizarre. three or 4 times a year when the weather is dead calm a smell comes over from the sewage treatment plant. Should read the forecast for when those conditions are due and ask everyone in the the area to hold it in for a day or so or not flush?
On the odd day, I get noise and a sulphur smell from the refinery that isn't a million miles from me. Probably 2-3 days a year. It's not horrible, just a bit odd.

I'm hardly going to ask them to stop!

But I also get to enjoy the New Forest (for free), the wonderful beaches and the peace and tranquil that comes from being so far removed from people.

Well this might be a fabricated story or not, but really? you'd seriously ask your neighbours to immediately stop their BBQ with the family all sat out in the back garden, the garden table all laid with salad, snacks, condiments and all the other accoutrements that come with a BBQ with everyone sat around eagerly anticipating that first bite into their overcooked and charred cheap supermarket burger of the summer knowing it will probably the the only opportunity of the whole summer to have a BBQ given our crappy weather? What exactly would you have them to do? crawl back into their home with their tails between their legs, close the doors and windows to seal cooking smells inside and sit around the family table munching on their 'indoor BBQ' while looking out of the patio doors at the nice weather outside and the sight of your Y-fronts flapping in the breeze over the garden fence? On what level is this request reasonable?

Asking your neighbour to stop bashing the hammer constructing that garden shed at 10pm in the evening...that is a fair and reasonable response...but asking a neighbour to stop their BBQ on a nice summers day?...think that is overstepping any realistic sense of reasonableness. Sure anyone can make a request of anyone at any time whether it be a reasonable request or not. But that doesn't mean the request can't be denied for equally reasonable or unreasonable reasons, and the requestor has no right to be offended or angry at whatever response they get, as long as its polite of course.
I’d hope that they would see the washing is out and not light it until later.

Back