Vermont Ale Yeast - My New Favourite Yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martybhoy

Reaction score
1st sample of my tropical IPA yesterday, fermented with Vermont ale yeast (I normally use WLP001).

Its really good. I was impressed with the fermentation, but even more so with the fruitiness it adds (peach, mango). It also adds a really nice, creamy mouthfeel, and has a fairly hazy, opaque appearance.

I believe I have brewed something akin to a NEIPA.

I used Vermont ale yeast again today for an Oatmeal pale ale, and will use it again (maybe) for an American Wheat beer in 4 weeks time.

I'm very impressed with it.

What are other people's experiences?

Yep, love it. Goes off like a rocket, attenuates well and like you said loads of fruity flavour.

it's Ace. you can get a similar if not identical product in the form of imperial juice which is a double size pack for under a tenner.
I've just ordered London ale III for my next attempt at the trendy neipa style.
on that note anyone know of any UK cryohop suppliers with stock?

Love it. Used it three times in brews and they all came out great. Second repitching definitely had more peach coming through.

The advice for fermenting it is worth following too. Really helps the esters punch through.

I pitched Vermont ale yeast on Friday at around 3pm @ 1.056 with an FG of 1.014. I'm already at 1.020 fermenting at 18°c. Loving the Vermont strain

Latest posts

Back