Vimto Sour?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClownPrince

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I quite fancy making a Vimto flavoured Sour. Has anyone done this/have any advice.
As I understand it simply adding Vimto won't help as the yeast does some weird stuff with flavours and sweeteners.
Would probably use Philly Sour yeast rather than doing any fancy souring process.

Thank you in advance.

Hi all,

I quite fancy making a Vimto flavoured Sour. Has anyone done this/have any advice.
As I understand it simply adding Vimto won't help as the yeast does some weird stuff with flavours and sweeteners.
Would probably use Philly Sour yeast rather than doing any fancy souring process.

Thank you in advance.
Did you try this? Interested to know how it turned out if so.

Hi all,

Thank you in advance.
Didn't see this earlier.
I'd make the beer first and then add the Vimto cordial when everything has fermented and soured. Vimto contains preservatives (Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate) which may interfere with fermentation.

Didn't see this earlier.
I'd make the beer first and then add the Vimto cordial when everything has fermented and soured. Vimto contains preservatives (Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate) which may interfere with fermentation.
Spot on, I tried to make Vimto wine when i firs started winemaking it failed miserably due to the preservatives.

Did you try this? Interested to know how it turned out if so.
Not yet. Got a Blackberry Sour on the go at the moment, so if that goes well I might repeat it later in the year (in Blackberry Season) then do as @An Ankoù suggested and add Cordial after fermentation.
I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Latest posts

Back