Vimto Turbo Cider - No added sugar Vimto

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeymonster

Reaction score
I see there are a few threads relating to Vimto Turbo Cider but I've looked through and couldn't find anything relating to my particular question.

I'm planning a batch of Vimto TC and I'm wondering about using the No Added Sugar variety.

Has anyone tried this? I'm wondering if the sweeteners in the cordial will survive the boiling/fermentation process and leave the cider sweet at the end without having to back sweeten.

I realise I'll have to up the sugar content a bit to cater for the missing sugar in the codial.

Each liter bottle is supposed to contain 14x250ml servings which is 3.5 liters of dilluted juice so I figure if I make a gallon it shouldn't end up too crazy sweet if it does work.

Any thoughts??

The sweeteners should survive the ferment. I could only guess at how much sweetness they'll leave in any given volume as the Vimto also includes sugar, which will be gone. But still, make your best guess, in 6 weeks time you'll know if you were right and it won't have cost much.

Thanks chaps.

I think I'll whack on two batches and see what happens.

The first I'll add everything in at the beginning and let it run its course.

The second I'll add the cordial after initial fermentation has finished and count the sugar in the cordial (according to the label it works out at 3g per litre) towards the priming sugar when it comes to bottling time.

Not sure if it'll make a difference but it'll be fun trying! :D

Latest posts

Back