Weatherspoon's British Hop festival

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not promoting them per se, but this looks interesting. I know Wetherspoon's don't have a great rep on here but it seems quite a good idea.

There's some ales with the relatively new Harlequin, Olicana, Jester etc, and looks to be a lot of good breweries involved.

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/~/med...real-ale-festival_news_v11_final_sp.pdf?la=en
IMG_20221011_183409662.jpg

There's some ales with the relatively new Harlequin, Olicana, Jester etc, and looks to be a lot of good breweries involved.
Looks like a good line up, might have to plan a trip to my local spoons. I think they also have a beer festival coming up in the next week or so as well

Interesting, but I'm out.

Nice to see Kjetil is still in the industry, loved his beers at Nøgne Ø. I'll be checking out Telemark beers at some other outlet.

It starts today. Harlequin has been one of my favourite hops I've used this year, Bath Ales are doing one, and also Titanic
Used Harlequin in a mild as the Admiral I'd intended to use smelled a bit iffy. It was weird and seemed out of place. Two or three weeks later it was gorgeous. I've found that even in a bitter or pale ale it can come across as a bit overpowering at first and then it settles down. It's one of my favourite hops, too.

Turns out each pub has 3 of 4 of the 30 ales at a time. In Newmarket tonight I had a Windsor and Eton Green Gold, nice bitter with Golding's, then a Telemark Rav red session IPA with Ernest, Jester, Olicana and Godiva. Both cracking beers. Fantastic value, although I guess the margins for the producers are slim to none sadly. 😢

IMG_20221018_200908479.jpg

Yep me & the Mrs walked down the other night (and back in the pi$$ing rain).
Always good value even if not the best atmosphere.
You are correct,3-4 beers on and changes every few days.
In fact they had a sign up.saying these 4 were on & another 5 had been delivered & settling in the cellar for whenever the changeover is.
Beers are listed on their app, so we can check that for changeover day rather than making the 25 minute hike to find out.

Well I'll be drinking SUMMIT else in some other part of the GALAXY, than drink in that CLUSTER fcuk supporting NUGGETs pubs.
sorry @Sadfield but I find punk ipa at the spoons in gorseinon is BETTER than the punk ipa in brewdog's own pubs. To be clear the punk ipa in other spoons is NOT as good as in the Maerdy. How strange is that!?

sorry @Sadfield but I find punk ipa at the spoons in gorseinon is BETTER than the punk ipa in brewdog's own pubs. To be clear the punk ipa in other spoons is NOT as good as in the Maerdy. How strange is that!?
I think it shows what had always been said on here about pub cellar being at the correct temperature and all the pipes & equipment clean and maintained correctly by staff that know what they are doing.

Latest posts

Back