Welchs grape boost can i use for WOW

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimmyB

Reaction score
Hi all

My shopping delivery has just arrived and i ordered 100% grape juice but what came was the reduced sugar for both the white and purple grape juice.
Purple ingredients are: water, grape juice from concentrate 25%, sugar, citric acid, vitamin c, flavouring, sucralose.
white ingredients are: water, concentrate juice, grape 12% pear 5% apple 3% sugar, malic acid, vit c, sucralose.

Any ideas would be gratefully recieved.

kim x

Don't you just hate it when that happens you ask for 100% juice and they send a juice drink its happened to us before and we sent it back with the delivery guy.

Those cartons are only 25% and 12% juice so you will have to use 4 or 8 per DJ to get the 100% juice content and that isn't going to leave room for the other juice also if its not a quarter of the price of a 100% carton its a bit of a waste of money, you could do a 22.5 litre (5 gallon) batch but you will have to get more juice and make sure its 100% juice, i would try 4 litres of red grape juice and 5 litres of apple juice and throw the juice drink in (i assume you have more than one of each), i imagine the sugar content is quite low so if you get the total sugar content (what is in the cartons and what you are going to add) up to 5500g you should be around 13% when its finished.

This is a recipe for a DJ of wine so multiply everything below by 5 and you will not be far off, there will be roughly 300g of sugar in two cartons of 100% juice so adding the 800g in the recipe below gives you 1100g for a single DJ or 5500g total sugar for 22.5 litres (5 gallon) mentioned above.

Rosé wine

1 litre Red grape juice.

1.5 litre Apple Juice.

800g Sugar.

1 tsp Tannin or a mug of very strong black tea. (3 bags stirred every couple of minutes as you put the rest of the ingredients together)

1 tsp Yeast (i use youngs super wine yeast compound)

1 tsp Yeast Nutrient.

1 tsp Pectolase.

1 tsp Glycerine. (optional)

1 tsp citric acid or juice of one lemon. (optional)

hi

i have two of each of the juices, i only usually do a 5 litre batch of anything, so does that mean i cant use them for that amount. I do have two cartons of 100% orange juice tho.
Sorry to be thick
kim x

You need a minimum of two litres of 100% juice in each DJ or the end result will be watery and not nice, if you were to put all 4 cartons in one DJ you still wouldn't have the equivalent of one carton of 100% juice in the DJ and no room to add more juice to bump it up, i have used 50% juice cartons (cranberry or pomegranate etc) and doubled up to make 100% then added another carton of 100% juice (to make the equivalent of 2 x 100% cartons in the DJ) but these very low juice content cartons are not much use if you are using Demijohns.

Latest posts

Back