Well done Nike

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Threads merged as Rod posted first

Well done Nike.

Change the colour of the cross of St George and get free advertising all day from the BBC one of the most watched and listened to channels and stations on TV and radio a master stroke.

I cannot believe the uproar on the radio its a football shirt if you don't like it don't buy it.

1711128476803.png

Last edited:
I think it is deeper than what is being said. It's about selling shirts and the St George Flag has become a Non-Woke thing.
I maybe wrong but everything is getting cancelled in case it offends somebody

It's our flag it doesn't belong to nike one of the biggest woke cancel companys in the world along with disney, netflix and a host of others, the way to deal with this is cancel them with your wallet, the guy i saw being interviewed used a word i hate he said it makes it more inclusive inclusive of what, i am what i am i am not shouting from the rooftops feckin pussys

It's our flag it doesn't belong to nike one of the biggest woke cancel companys in the world along with disney, netflix and a host of others, the way to deal with this is cancel them with your wallet, the guy i saw being interviewed used a word i hate he said it makes it more inclusive inclusive of what, i am what i am i am not shouting from the rooftops feckin pussys
How dare they change the colours of the butchers apron 🤣

I think its more than a football shirt, they are treating the flag like its a logo. And not for the first time.

They tried to do the same thing with the American flag on a pair of trainers (replaced the stars with a ring of stars) and they had to cancel it :-

Sandra Carreon-John, a company spokeswoman, said in a statement on Tuesday that Nike had made the decision to “halt distribution” of the sneaker “based on concerns that it could unintentionally offend and detract from the nation’s patriotic holiday.”

t's our flag it doesn't belong to nike one of the biggest woke cancel companys

But they are not saying they want to change the flag of St George to this and do away with the red cross its just a design on a shirt.

Last edited:
What about the "camo" versions on the fighting troops of Britain? They gonna cancel that?
NO!
I dunno what the letters WOKE stand for but they can SIUTA!

1711116317292.png

Spot on Clint.

All this fuss over this -

1711116413318.png

Nike should give their design and advertising team a huge bonus their new shirt has been discussed on the news all day with equally good and bad views being aired, nothing like a bit of free publicity on the mainstream news channels.

A mate of mine has....wait for it.....Welsh flags on his fishing rods.
BUT....to keep the low key,"stealth" look the flags have WHITE dragons on a BLACK background.
Oh,lord above!

Back