Well i've now joined the dark side .

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers said:
Took the plunge today and done my first all grain :D
I've been getting all the gear together since joining this site ;)
Started doing the brew ( Black sheep Ale ) at 11:30am and finished doing it at 3:30pm ... but i enjoyed every minute of doing it .
Well it was only a 5 gal brew ... its bubbling away in the FV like a good'un , the smell is way different from the kits i've been doing for the last 5 months , it smells so sweet , malty and hoppy ... it smells good enough to drink now :lol:
Well i'll keep you posted as time goes on with this brew , i'll be doing a old speckled hen tomorrow ... cant wait ;)

That's a super quick brew day for a first timer. Does that not include cleanup?

Good job, keep em coming and let's get some pics on the go :thumb:

StubbsPKS said:
Cheers said:
Took the plunge today and done my first all grain :D
I've been getting all the gear together since joining this site ;)
Started doing the brew ( Black sheep Ale ) at 11:30am and finished doing it at 3:30pm ... but i enjoyed every minute of doing it .
Well it was only a 5 gal brew ... its bubbling away in the FV like a good'un , the smell is way different from the kits i've been doing for the last 5 months , it smells so sweet , malty and hoppy ... it smells good enough to drink now :lol:
Well i'll keep you posted as time goes on with this brew , i'll be doing a old speckled hen tomorrow ... cant wait ;)

That's a super quick brew day for a first timer. Does that not include cleanup?

Good job, keep em coming and let's get some pics on the go :thumb:

Thanks again Peeps , as i've said i dont do clean ups :)

Well done! I bottled up my AG#1 at the weekend and it smelled and tasted lovely (noting that it needs to be conditioned for a month or so now).

Planning AG#3 for the weekend (and I have a huge delivery from The Malt Miller coming tomorrow!).

As Grays said "theres no way back" can't think why you want to anyway. ;)
I did a 75 litre brew on Friday and brought one 25 litre fermenter into the kitchen just to "watch and sniff" loverly ;) and that was brew 84 for me :D
Keep up the good work, you will find mates dropping round to see you more often now :lol: , I'm up for another this week ;)
S

Well, my big order from Rob arrives - should have enough for about 6 or 7 brews so that's the next month or so of weekends filled :-)

evanvine said:
Only just read this thread, so sorry about the late congrats.
Well done and welcome aboard!

I second this.

Looks like we have another one for the Dark Side, Ev.

4 hours is incredibly impressive - I usually take a leisurely 6 for a brew including cleaning - mind you, I always do a 90 minute mash and 90 minute boil.

luckyeddie said:
evanvine said:
Only just read this thread, so sorry about the late congrats.
Well done and welcome aboard!

I second this.

Looks like we have another one for the Dark Side, Ev.

4 hours is incredibly impressive - I usually take a leisurely 6 for a brew including cleaning - mind you, I always do a 90 minute mash and 90 minute boil.

With this being my first all grain , i might of got the time wrong ... as i said in a earlier post that my wife gave me a start time , i never took much notice what time i started .
So you can add a extra 5 minutes on the four hours to ammend the right time :lol:

4 hours for your first brew day?! Wish mine went that quickly but no such luck. As others here have claimed, now that you're in you're not getting out! (insert diabolical laughter track here)

welcome and well done AG is the way forward ive never looked back :drink:

Fender Precision said:
Im jealous :mrgreen: Im still a "tin opener" brewer :whistle: Well done bye the way ! :D

Nowt wrong with kits. My boiler's out of commission (on its way back to the manufacturers) so I'm going to do a quick Brewferm Tripel kit on Friday. I'll add a kilo of Candi, use my own Westmalle yeast and probably dry-hop with a handful of Saaz just to freshen it up, but it'll mean that I'll have an emergency 10 litres in a couple of weeks in case I run out of the 40 or so litres I've got upstairs ready to drink, the 20 litres of Snappy's Christmas Special conditioning and the 10 litres of Disaster Area currently fermenting.

What? WHAT? You can never be too sure. I might get thirsty.

Latest posts

Back