What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A pint of Baldwin IPA from Bewdley Brewery in The Mug House in Claines. The only pub (to my knowledge) on consecrated ground, not quite in the church graveyard but all but. Hadn't been in a decade or so. A fine pub if you are ever in the area.

Another experimental beer. Only 3 days in the keg, another no boil beer. It needs some time to condition surprise surprise. It's Simcoe Amarillo and Citra. Hop aroma isn't great at the min. I tried mashing the bittering hop but it's very smooth. Time will tell if it was worth it
IMG_20220220_215035577.jpg

I don't know if this place we go to (Atwater Brewery in Michigan) is consecrated but it was definitely a church before it was a brewery and the building was built in '36.
Wikipedia suggests there is at least one other in the UK. It would be interesting to know if Atwater is on consecrated ground.

The Mug is a little older than '36 though. The original parts of the building are 15th Century. Watch your head on the ceilings!

Wikipedia suggests there is at least one other in the UK. It would be interesting to know if Atwater is on consecrated ground.
I only know it was a church. It would be interesting. I'm not sure how it all works BUT from my knowledge of such subjects from watching the TV show, Supernatural, I'd say yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back