What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20231125_190249.jpg

Tesco Marlborough Pinot Noir with lardons and cauliflower cheese (not yet dished up) .
Great.

I'm drinking my Mystery Hop Ale. Bought a new house about a year ago and the lady who was in it before planted some hops in the garden. I have no idea what kind they are. First I made a Green Hop with the hops I harvested, which tasted good - bittered with packaged hops, and mystery hops for the finish. The rest of the hops I dried in the oven and have made the beer I'm drinking now. The hops taste most like Northern Brewer to me, but a bit lemony. Could be the dead bugs, but if I don't think about that, it tastes fine.

Used Pilsner malt and Nottingham yeast. 4.9% ABV.

IMG_9142.jpg

I've had the same idea but not the courage to try the vanilla and cocoa nibs addition.
May I ask what quantity you used of each?
Thanks
Matt
100g nibs roasted 10 mins then soaked in Auchentoshen scotch for a week, I the berr at end of primary for 2 weeks. 2 vanilla pods in their own scotch for a week then added to beer for 2 weeks. Dumped whole lot in scotch and all, figured not much scotch really for 5 gallons. Could have done with 3 vanilla or left vanilla longer as choc was spot on but vanilla doesn't come across. Just subtly bolsters choc. Not disappointed however. Tastes lovely

100g nibs roasted 10 mins then soaked in Auchentoshen scotch for a week, I the berr at end of primary for 2 weeks. 2 vanilla pods in their own scotch for a week then added to beer for 2 weeks. Dumped whole lot in scotch and all, figured not much scotch really for 5 gallons. Could have done with 3 vanilla or left vanilla longer as choc was spot on but vanilla doesn't come across. Just subtly bolsters choc. Not disappointed however. Tastes lovely
Many thanks. I'm an Auchentoshen fan as well. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back