What is a session beer?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well heres an outrageous statement by me

a session beer is under 4% for me

i prefer lower strength beers any way and think that any thing over 5% is a waste

for me a session beer would be 3.4% to 3.8%

Enjoyed the article, and the comments at the bottom even more!

elderberry, I would disagree that anything over 5% is a waste, but hey ho its all about opinions and the great thing is there are so many options out there that there's a beer to suit everyone's taste. And even better if you make it yourself!

Some very interesting nugget of information in the article (the maths parts were a little above my head though), and as wheazy_joe says in the comments too. Cheers Clibit :thumb:

I think a lot of people learn this without realising as a teenager or student. You go to the pub, drink the cheap bitter or carling and survive the night. You try drinking Stella all night and you get put to bed by your mates after putting a new pattern on the pub carpet.

Good article though.

Interesting I had never thought about it that way before (original link) but the question is worded poorly and should say whats the difference in the alcohol in your blood between drinking x quantity over x time. But it makes a good point.

Latest posts

Back