What's sauce for the goose.....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65322972
This made me smile. like if you keep if you keep peeing at a competitor into the wind don't be surprised if you get your own back...

I thought aldi's products have more similarities to other popular brands though.

Aldi doesn't sell clover but it sells 'meadow flower' 🤔 I checked the specs on the back of the pack, identical. In a blind test no difference so methinks the makers of clover don't want to sell clover at a discount so they rebadged it whereas clover in Lidl was more expensive last time I looked.

As for the lawsuit I never thought ooh Lidl pricing when I saw the clubcard deals, rather oh pants forgot my clubcard again wink...

Well if a yellow circle in a blue background can cause an issue then I dread to think where this could end;

Aldi-and-lidl-imitation-brands-1024x520.jpg

I think Aldi have a very good team of copyright lawyers, who know exactly where the line is 👍🏼
The German owners of Aldi and Lidl are amongst the top richest people in Germany. So they know a thing or two how to operate a tight ship. The shops also stock a small selection of branded goods more so since the pandemic.
I'm biased though ....

Latest posts

Back