Whats the quickest I could be drinking bottled beer?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S-04 rehydrated and fermented slightly warm, dry hop at day 4, it will probably be done fermenting. Bottle up at day 7, and keep the bottles warm for a week. It should be carbed up after a week. Then chill them in a refrigerator.

The trick is to keep the ferment warm but not too warm.

I use Opshaug and have to say it drops brilliant very quickly without the need for finings. Regularly use it in lagers and other beers.
It drops in great clumps and very good indicator that it's nearly finished fermenting. I do bump up the temp a couple of degrees towards the end of ferment to ensure it's finished working.

If you can then chill it then clearing will be even faster.
Not a great fan of kveiks, but I don't mind Opshaug. It has a kind of "sea breeze" air about it.
Not being a fan doesn't mean I don't like to experiment, and I've just ordered a very reasonable pack of dried Lutra. Has anyone tried it? Is it any good?
(£6 at beerco.com.au and see pm)

Last edited:
I have been caught on the hop somewhat and am wondering what's the quickest possible time I could make a malt extract kit beer, bottle and drink it. My aim is to have one drinkable by the 16th March !!!
The style would be an IPA with plenty of dry hops. For example is there a recommended years out there that could ferment out inside a week or so [giving the beer 3 weeks to condition] or have I left it too late.
Look forward to replies ty.
I don't know much about kit beers having always mashed but i believe general wisdom is the higher the hop rate the more maturation time is required. There is of course nothing to stop you drinking it when you like but it might not have reached it's potential. I brewed many years ago for a beer festival and it was a punishingly hot summer. So I brewed a 'modern' mild with either fuggles or goldings at - I'm guessing - 2.5 oz per 6 galls. Fermented and drinkable in ten days. However I did use a 'wet' brewery yeast (from the Batham's brewery) which meant fermentation was under way without an hour or so and complete after two days. They yeast also attenuated at quarter gravity. That helped.

Latest posts

Back