What's with the barrel avatars?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cushyno

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi All, just browsing through latest posts over the last few days there seem to be a lot of members with barrels for avatars.
Just for a chuckle, check out some of these, and this is just for new posts this week

@PaulRob @BrummieBrewer @Rogermort @bobukbrewer @Halleyelec @Braufather @Moe @blockley @The Cat @kudos1uk @Scampy @Craggsy22 @Pjam @RichardM @AMyd666 @ChrisD123 @PolishLad @MackemBrew @Ben Matthews @ChIpStIcK @Lukethebrewer @2131tom @glove81 @Rossyboy @Goose68 @country joe @BrucetheFish @Johnd @mancer62 ... the list goes on

What a fine array of barrels we have. Anyone for a game of snap?! :laugh8:
Lots of new members adopting barrels, did I miss the memo? :coat:

That'll MyQul the forums own crafty cockney and his cheeky demeanour...
Roll out the barrel....
You're lucky It could have been knees.

I only thought today of changing mine......but thought it was a requirement to keep it until you have commented X amount of times.

I might just rotate the image by 90 degrees!

The barrels are a nicer image than anything I could offer.

Hi All, just browsing through latest posts over the last few days there seem to be a lot of members with barrels for avatars.

The standard forum avatar (since we moved to the new forum version) is below its the first letter of the username and a random colour background, when the Covid flood gates opened and all the new members joined my OCD couldn't cope with all these different coloured avatars so i decided barrels would make a nice change and be a little more fitting, as there are so many members now joining (because of Covid) i only change the avatar if the new member posts a few times

111111111.jpg

Culprit found! Chippy's been busy. Nice to know you're looking after the new folks and making them feel at home athumb..

Too much time on your hands, get brewing! No idea where they come from though!

Just for a chuckle, check out some of these, and this is just for new posts this week

@PaulRob @BrummieBrewer @Rogermort @bobukbrewer @Halleyelec @Braufather @Moe @blockley @The Cat @kudos1uk @Scampy @Craggsy22 @Pjam @RichardM @AMyd666 @ChrisD123 @PolishLad @MackemBrew @Ben Matthews @ChIpStIcK @Lukethebrewer @2131tom @glove81 @Rossyboy @Goose68 @country joe @BrucetheFish @Johnd @mancer62 ... the list goes on

What a fine array of barrels we have. Anyone for a game of snap?! :laugh8:
Lots of new members adopting barrels, did I miss the memo? :coat:
No idea why! It's quite a fetching barrel picture, but it is interesting how we have all been allocated a slightly different barrel image!

Latest posts

Back