Wheatish

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brumbrew

Regular dufus
Reaction score
Hi all, back again using up yet more old stock.

2kg of MO
2kg of wheat
250g of flaked oats
Handfull of coriander

Dough in at 70 dungerees mash for an hour and a half (had to take the dog out) but knocked the heat off for the last half hour, so a bit of a protein rest for the mash.

Sparged up to 20 litres

Estimated OG was 1.050 I managed 1.048 so not to bothered about that. Will concentrate with boil off anyway.

Went with 15g bramling cross whole hop cones on the boil and will chuck in 25g at the end.

Had to purchase some yeast for this one. Went with crossmyloofs offering of wheat beer yeast.

Has anyone bought from them before? I ordered on ebay and got a right funny email back wishing me luck with the brew etc, I even emailed them back to thank them for the funny email.

Will wait till it cools as I didn't pick up the chill coil from my mates.

Happy brewing 😜

All into the FV now. Still to hot to pitch. Came out at bang on 1.050 after boil off. But I lost about 2 litres on the boil. Topped it up and it only changed by 1 point.

So ill pitch the yeast later on when it's cooled down.

I'll have to add, that the grains and hops are 3 years past their use by date. And it doesn't seem to have affected their viability much.

The MO was a 25kg sack that I bought ages ago when I was really into brewing, maybe too much 🤪 it's just been ductaped closed in a dry cupboard for years. I've been ordered to get rid of it. And I wasn't going to compost it without using it 😂

Happy brewing all

Back