Where do you get your ingredients from?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the homebre company, one of the site sponsors. They cap the delivery charge so ordering lots twice a year makes sense.

I tend to order a 25kg sack of pale malt and a few kilos of stuff like black, chocolate, torrified wheat etc. Then I'll top up with hops by post through the year.

My nearest 'local' hme brew shop is over 30 miles away, so by the time I drive over there I could have paid for postage on a delivery, so I only use them for S30 refills, and grab some hops while I'm there.

I usually use The Malt Miller, great variety of stock for hops, grain and yeast and top service. In fact I got a delivery from there today.

I use Murphy and Son nottingham as it is 3 miles from work. Their prices are brilliant and for hops superb. 100g goldings for 2.88 more like 7 quid from local hbs they don't do grains at all and rolled their eyes at my AG brews and use of cold conditioning. Use local shop for spray malt and co2 plus some other stuff like Irish moss.

BrewUK mainly, I collect as i'm in Salisbury quite often. I've tried to order from Malt Miller, but his website/payment screen was difficult and my order did not go through.

I mainly get my hops in bulk from Simply Hops and the local brewery is very good in allowing me to piggyback on their order - getting the per ton price on 25kg bags is well worth it.

lukehgriffiths said:
I use Murphy and Son nottingham as it is 3 miles from work. Their prices are brilliant and for hops superb. 100g goldings for 2.88 more like 7 quid from local hbs they don't do grains at all and rolled their eyes at my AG brews and use of cold conditioning. Use local shop for spray malt and co2 plus some other stuff like Irish moss.

I work in nottingham and lived there for 16 years and never realised these were here! Good to know though, just ordered from easyhomebrew but may go murphy and sons next time :D

Back