Where to buy 1/8" OD stainless steel tubing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonnyv

Regular.
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest somewhere where I can get an approx 12" length of 1/8" OD stainless tubing?

I'm having a hard time finding any to finish off my counter pressure bottle filler :hmm:

Thanks for the replies - I'll check out the links.

(sorry this was a bit of a cross-post elsewhere).

blimey that kai link is a goodun'!

slightly off topic question though.... can you solder SS piping like you do with copper? or do you need to pretty much mig weld the stuff?

BrewStew said:
blimey that kai link is a goodun'!

slightly off topic question though.... can you solder SS piping like you do with copper? or do you need to pretty much mig weld the stuff?

Its not quite as easy as copper . . . if you can get a good aggressive acid based flux then low melting point silver solder can be used (~220C IIRC) . . .I've not had much luck with the flux though and use a Sodium Fluorocarbonate based one . . . much higher melting point though (~600C), and if you can't get the fittings and 'pot' hot enough, quickly enough you end up burning the carbon and chromium from the steel . . . which stops it being stainless

so do you reckon it's best to go compression fit/screw in style for the non DIY capable?

Lancashire fittings actually recommend a Loctite superglue for their 'end feed' stainless fittings if you don't want to silver solder . . . not sure about how that would work under boiling/ high temperatures though

Back