who knows 4!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

This will be my last brew for a bit as stocks are quite high and i don't have much storage space. :-(

so.. if you like the sound of the recipe guess the OG & FG and the closest guess wins a bottle (uk & eire only). Comp closes after fg reading - normally 2-3 weeks. - Good Luck!

Brew 14: we'll wheat again (cherry version)

3kg wheat malt extract
750ml of cherry syrup (65g per 100 ml sugars)
880ml of cherry syrup (85g per 100 ml sugars)
50g of tettnang 3.2% a.a. pellet hops (20 minute boil)
1 sachet of mangrove jacks bavarian wheat yeast

topped up to 22 litres with chase spring water.

rehydrated yeast at 32 deg c as per mangrove jack instructions

boiled the wheat extract in 6 litres water for 20 mins with hops then filtered into fv and then added 6 more litres of water before pouring in all the syrup and topping up to 22 litres.

stuggling to get temp down to below 30 deg c as I didn't freeze enough bottles of water. Tip to myself - chill the boiled wort in sink first rather than chill the fermentor in sink :doh:

Pitched yeast at 28 deg c.

bubbling away nicely.

Hi,

This will be my last brew for a bit as stocks are quite high and i don't have much storage space. :-(

so.. if you like the sound of the recipe guess the OG & FG and the closest guess wins a bottle (uk & eire only). Comp closes after fg reading - normally 2-3 weeks. - Good Luck!

Brew 14: we'll wheat again (cherry version)

3kg wheat malt extract
750ml of cherry syrup (65g per 100 ml sugars)
880ml of cherry syrup (85g per 100 ml sugars)
50g of tettnang 3.2% a.a. pellet hops (20 minute boil)
1 sachet of mangrove jacks bavarian wheat yeast

topped up to 22 litres with chase spring water.

rehydrated yeast at 32 deg c as per mangrove jack instructions

boiled the wheat extract in 6 litres water for 20 mins with hops then filtered into fv and then added 6 more litres of water before pouring in all the syrup and topping up to 22 litres.

stuggling to get temp down to below 30 deg c as I didn't freeze enough bottles of water. Tip to myself - chill the boiled wort in sink first rather than chill the fermentor in sink :doh:

Pitched yeast at 28 deg c.

bubbling away nicely.

now down to 1 bubble every 90 seconds.

nobody out there who wants the chance of a fruity wheat beer????

I know my tastes are erm, a little different, but still :roll:

get your og and fg guesses in :-)

Collected my parcel from the local post office just. Thanks a lot :-) will enjoy it tonight with my Chinese noodle soup. 7.74%! Whoa!!!!

Kudos sir. That beverage was just the ticket for a spicy chicken noodle soup.

Very nice sharp yeast tones withha few banana esters.

And such a high abv :-)

Thank you so much again :-)

Kudos sir. That beverage was just the ticket for a spicy chicken noodle soup.

Very nice sharp yeast tones withha few banana esters.

And such a high abv :-)

Thank you so much again :-)

Glad it arrived in one piece. The T-58 gives an nice banana note alongside the citrus & tropical flavors of the Amarillo & Galaxy.

whilst the abv gives a cheap night in :drunk:

Hi Y'all

it looks like 'who knows 4' needs another week in the FV so FG reading will be taken on the 14th Nov. you have until then to get your og & fg guesses in.

I'm hoping it will be the perfect refreshing anitdote to all that rich xmas food

:-D

So can we second guess?

Your beer is awesome!

No probs! - I'll take the last guess on this thread per person.

My brews are usually in the fv for 14-21 days so no sneaky revelations there! - The yeast is new for me so it may be one of those fast starters / slow finishers. So whilst I generally get close to expected OG - FG i'm prepared for a different FG this time :hmm:

Last edited:
Back