who knows 5

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
competition now closed.

just checked the FG and tasted the sample :-)

light bitterness, tropical and pineapple I'm getting and a huge hoppy nose :thumb:

will post the results later on today.

now to bottle what I hope will be 20 liters of hoppy refreshment.

ok so whilst waiting for the priming solution to cool i did the maths...

First of all Brumbrew because both your guesses were taken 1048 - 1012/1008 I split the difference so your Fg was 1010.

and so the results....

OG was 1050 fg was 1004. So the beer comes out at 6.04% abv (I wasn't expecting to get done to that - must be a result of re-hydrating the yeast?)

Whilst my sig has some high abv brews in it this one is the first I was aiming for around 6% , so job done.

in reverse order is......

Congrats go to Dan125 - 7 points out.:clap:

Dan- pm me your address and i'll send a bottle out when its ready in 4 to 5 weeks i'd imagine.

Many thanks to all those who entered and until next time - happy brewing!

Just found out tonight that I won and very pleased about it I am too.
Thanks for the comp dad_of_jon, and scanning back through the thread now I can't wait to try the brew

Its been siting in the fridge since Monday and I decided to treat myself and make my prize bottle the 1st beer of Friday.
And what a treat it is:-

Fantastic fruity aroma - especially getting the grapefruit, with flavour to match.
It's a dry, refreshing brew but doesn't taste as dry as I was expecting considering the FG, but has a lovely bitter aftertaste.
I'm defo gonna increase my dry hopping rates in upcoming similar brews to match.
Thanks dad_of_jon for a cracking pint and a cracking comp, and I agree, you do get a bit of pineapple coming through - especially the first few mouthfuls.

Back