who knows 6!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Get your OG and FG guesses to have a chance at winning a bottle of the recipe below. You know the drill :-) The winner gets a bottle delivered to the the UK, EIRE or Northern Ireland address of their choice. - Good luck.

04/03/2016

MJ's west coast yeast re-hydrated.
65g of uncrushed juniper berries in 450ml water 15 min boil
2kg dwe
500g clear candi sugar
450g t&L golden syrup
50g mandarina baveria 7.9% aa
15 min boil of all fermentables plus hops in 5.5 litres of water.
added this into the fv with juniper berry liquid. (which hasn't imparted much gin flavour at all if any.):wha:

topped up to 21.5 liters.

will be popping 50g galaxy and 50g amarillo in for fermentation then dry hopping with the same amount of hops 5 days before bottling

After winning the last Who Knows I'd love to try this one too:-

1.050 - 1.006

:hat:

The winner is DAN125. just 3 points out so dan wins it on the tie break.

with a 44 point drop vs wfr42's 40 point drop. the beer 'galaxy hop 4' had a drop of 43 points.

A bottle is on its way to DAN in a few weeks, enjoy!

thanks to all those who entered.

you've joined brumbrew at the top of the leaderboard with 2 wins each!

So close.

Enjoy Dan, and thanks doj

Cheers wfr42 & Thanks DoJ!:hat:

Can't believe I've won again, & on the tie break!
Really looking forward to trying this as the last one was excellent.

To help share the love, and seeing as I'm planning a brew at the weekend, I'm going to offer a bottle up in a similar comp at the.

Keep your eyes peeled for the thread sat/sun. To wet your appetites - I'm going to be making 'Nelson's Intergalactic Delight', which is basically Dennis King's Galaxy delight recipe with a slightly tweaked grain bill and 50/50 Galaxy/Nelson S. hops instead of all Galaxy.

Thanks DoJ for another superb pint:-

I really enjoyed this beer - great fruity hoppiness, but still nicely balanced.

I couldn't pick out the juniper berries though, but that could just be down to my amateur palate!

:cheers:

Cheers, glad you liked it, and no i didn't get any juniper taste :hmm:- should have crushed, boiled and strained the berries and mixed together with priming sugar and used as priming solution.

Still that gives me a chance to have another go ;-)

Latest posts

Back