who knows - 7

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great give away. Thanks for the chance. Congratulations wfr42 ;-)

Brew day tomorrow for me, so I'll offer up a bottle to keep paying it forward.

Under 8% ! You are sticking to your promise ;-)

Great give away. Thanks for the chance. Congratulations wfr42 ;-)

Under 8% ! You are sticking to your promise ;-)

trust me it's hard, although as a positive side-effect my DME bill has now gone down. :lol:

I do have a plan to do an uber strong beer in 330ml bottles only :thumb:, but offer a RIS-KEY business as a prize because the stronger stuff takes a while to reach it's best whereas the ris-key business should be at its best in a few months:grin:

trust me it's hard, although as a positive side-effect my DME bill has now gone down. :lol:

I do have a plan to do an uber strong beer in 330ml bottles only :thumb:, but offer a RIS-KEY business as a prize because the stronger stuff takes a while to reach it's best whereas the ris-key business should be at its best in a few months:grin:

Out of curiosity, where is the cheapest for DME DoJ?

wilko do 500g muntons delivered free to store for £4.40 all the others charge p&p or you have to buy £65+ for example for free delivery

geterbrewed.ie do it for 4 euros 38 cents so may be a better bet if you have a no exchange rate fee credit card like I do (nationwide gold)

Finally got round to drinking my prize!

Had had about a week in the fridge after arriving very well packed.

Thoroughly enjoyed an awesome pint (I am far from a wheat beer connoisseur) but I would happily reach for one of these again and it puts my first attempt at wheat beer to shame...which may lead me to try an extract brew if I try another wheat beer...

Final pick is a steam beer from @mickdundee

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.JPG

Finally got round to drinking my prize!

Had had about a week in the fridge after arriving very well packed.

Thoroughly enjoyed an awesome pint (I am far from a wheat beer connoisseur) but I would happily reach for one of these again and it puts my first attempt at wheat beer to shame...which may lead me to try an extract brew if I try another wheat beer...

Final pick is a steam beer from @mickdundee

top photos! - and what an amazing guess the first to hit the bullseye!

Think I'll do a dunkel version by substituting 500g of dwe with 500g of very dark dme :twisted:

My plain wheat beer attempt, prefer the raspberry version if I'm honest.

20160627_195200.jpg

Latest posts

Back