Who's brewing?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artiums_enteri

Regular.
Reaction score
Just curious who's brewing this weekend. There is nothing like huddling around the burners, listening to the brewing network, and talking to other brewers.

Saturday we are kegging my oaked double IPA and my wife's oaked RIS. Sunday we are brewing my wife's steam beer. It's supposed to be cold and rainy so I'll be bundled up puffing dunhill 965 out of my favorite Peterson as the burners roar like jet engines. Hope some of you folks are around to keep me company.

I'm planning a Caledonian 80/- recipe tomorrow morning. I've not made an 80/- for a couple of years so really looking forward to it.

Have a good brew. :thumb:

I'm planning a yet another wheat beer (no surprise if you've read any of my posts lol) but as i'm off work for the next 2 weeks think i'll leave it till monday (did plan for today) . Gonna be an all grain German style banana Isar Weisen (5 gallon)then later on in week same recipe (5 gallon) but with an American yeast for a more tart style wheat .Next on my list i'm gonna do eithera Chistoph Prost WeizenBock or an Austrian-style Kristall Weizen (i have a nice little recipe book with plenty of info ;) )

My mash is on for 46litres of Blue Moon type wheat beer..................sort of using up a few bits :D

Brewed 19L of my Woodstock APA last night - that counts as weekend right??
Bubbling away nicely this morning. Always love that bit :D

Hey Rick I have a Belgian Witt recipe that has done pretty well, and has a lot of the blue moon characters, but with a little more body. I usually brew it in the summer time as its a great working in the yard beer. It is kind of a cross between blue moon and howgaden. Let me know if you are interested.

artiums_enteri said:
Hey Rick I have a Belgian Witt recipe that has done pretty well, and has a lot of the blue moon characters, but with a little more body. I usually brew it in the summer time as its a great working in the yard beer. It is kind of a cross between blue moon and howgaden. Let me know if you are interested.

I'd love that recipe if you don;t mine? Sounds exactly like somethign I had in mind!! :thumb:

^ me too - sounds great, I like the fact that wheat beer needs very little conditioning time :lol: :drink: :drink:

No problem. I will post it in the recipe section of the forum after I get some sleep. It's 1:45 am here, and all my recipes are out in the brewery in the journal.

On a side note it makes me chuckle. Blue moon is a coors product, and thought of as mediocre beer over here. It's a good style nonetheless.

artiums_enteri said:
No problem. I will post it in the recipe section of the forum after I get some sleep. It's 1:45 am here, and all my recipes are out in the brewery in the journal.

On a side note it makes me chuckle. Blue moon is a coors product, and thought of as mediocre beer over here. It's a good style nonetheless.

Cheers :thumb: Where are you in the world?

I really like wheat beers - wits, hefe etc and love the style of blue moon :cheers:

Bru4u said:
Just mashed in, 80 ltr of Fuggelite
100% pale malt,
100g First Gold 60 min
100g Fuggles 15 min
100g fuggles 0 min
WLP002 English Ale yeast

that sounds like a lovely pint - great yeast :D

Bru4u said:
Just mashed in, 80 ltr of Fuggelite
100% pale malt,
100g First Gold 60 min
100g Fuggles 15 min
100g fuggles 0 min
WLP002 English Ale yeast

300 grams of hops? have I read that right? ya mad hopheid yae!

I love the fact you have a half bbl kit at home...I want one for work, did it cost much for the tanks?

Started late but my water is heating for the mash for my chocolate espresso stout. Grain all measured out, cocoa ready. As soon as mash is on, its cheesy toast time!

Latest posts

Back