Wilko Golden IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racinsnake

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi

Just a quick question, I put the above on, Saturday.

Malt as supplied, 300g of H and B malt extract, 500g of LSM, 100g brewing sugar.

Fermenter into gorilla bucket at a regulated 19 deg @ 1045

Now my question is, by Wednesday it was sat at 1014, this seems massively quick or is this just how that yeast works? I’m not concerned, just interested or have I bought the one kit that “does what it says on the tin” :beer1:in 2 weeks:tongue: The smell btw is not something that will impress the female of sex.

Imterested to hear your thoughts/experience with this kit.

Thanks in advance

Rob.

Never had bad smells with kits. To be honest.
Just looking back in my notes. They seem to get down to 1012 7 days. Then 11 more and git down to 1006 but I added some hops which started it going again on the 7 th day. I think finished around 5.5abv.

Just looking back in my notes. They seem to get down to 1012 7 days. Then 11 more and git down to 1006 but I added some hops which started it going again on the 7 th day. I think finished around 5.5abv
Cheers Bez :cool:

Wasn’t worried about the smell, small victories and all that lol. Good to know it’s a steady kit, looking forward to it roll on December.

Latest posts

Back