Wine Buddy Issues

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing Sue

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask anyone if they have had any issues with wine buddy over recent months? I have been brewing since COVID in 2000, like most people :), and have successfully brewed wine buddy since then but over the last couple of months i have problem after problem with exploding wine and stuck fermentation i just wondered if anyone else has had any problems?

over the last couple of months i have problem after problem with exploding wine and stuck fermentation

How cold is it in the room you are winemaking?

What temperature is the wine at when fermenting?

Are you using any kind of heat source?

How are you checking the wine has finished fermenting fully?

How cold is it in the room you are winemaking?

Are you using any kind of heat source?

How are you checking the wine has finished fermenting fully?
Hi Chippy Tea
The room is an office and can get cold but a i have been using an immerison heater. I am checking with an abv glass tester which i have used throughout the 3+ years.

I have been in touch with Youngs and the sales manager has replaced the ones i have explained seemed to be failing but the replacement ones are just as bad. I just wondered if anyone else is having problems with batches in a similar way.

thanks

I am fairly sure there would be lots of posts about bad batches if this was the case an WB kits are popular.

Sue,

This must be frustrating. We can sort this for you. Wine is mainly about keeping the yeast happy. Did you mention which kit (red or white)? Can you give us a bit more detail please? And also what has changed in the past couple of months?

This is what I thought he hasn't answered my question about the temperature the wine is at when fermenting
Hi, i think i have cracked it and i think you are both right. I moved to a brew belt instead and this batch at least appears to have started back up so all looks well. It is wierd though because normally i don't even bother with a heat source at all just have the brew bins on a table in the office with a duvet cover around them, i have vineco brewing at the same time and in the same place and haven't had any issues with them. thanks both for your replies.

Hi, i think i have cracked it and i think you are both right. I moved to a brew belt instead and this batch at least appears to have started back up so all looks well. It is wierd though because normally i don't even bother with a heat source at all just have the brew bins on a table in the office with a duvet cover around them, i have vineco brewing at the same time and in the same place and haven't had any issues with them. thanks both for your replies.

There are seasonal changes in temp. Were the last good batches about 6 months ago?

Latest posts

Back