Witches Wort - My Brew For Halloween...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, although that did cross my mind, i grabbed an old coolbox and my old manifold and fitted it all together, apart from some tap issues it made a good tun :thumb:

Hardly any signs of life by lunchtime today (it was sat bang on 18c)

Moved it to the house (20c) and repitched at lunchtime

Fermenting away lovely now :thumb:

muddydisco said:
Sad day Please pay your respect to wez's fallen mash tun, I beleive she has served him well for many a year. She will be superceeded with bigger and shinier.
To the Mash tun :cheers:

LoL :rofl: :rofl:

80L thermobox dispatched today from Nordic Optical :thumb:

Also I forgot to mention on this brewday I used the Silicone Hose that Vossy has posted about, it's cracking stuff - handled boiling wort like a dream perfect flexibility and didn't collapse. The best bit about it I think is it's cheaper than any other stuff i've seen around :party:

Your not allowed to open it until christmas morning you know!!!!!! :nono: :nono:
Then you have the christmas break to plumb it in and test it in time for the new year!!!

muddydisco said:
Your not allowed to open it until christmas morning you know!!!!!! :nono: :nono:
Then you have the christmas break to plumb it in and test it in time for the new year!!!

Yeah right :rofl:

Wez said:
It's a real PITA as because of work to the house this was my last chance to brew before Christmas, and I haven't brewed since July :shock:

Looks like I'll be getting a Thermobox for Christmas :pray:

Found time now have ya???

Witches urine adds a nice twang!

You can have my old foreskin, I had it removed about 25 years back. A bit leathery but still in good nic! :sick:

fivetide said:
Awesome 'one-hand-one-bounce' style brewday recovery Wez!

Cheers, yep it was nice to get the brew done in the end. It's fermented out and is cleaning up at the mo, will cornie keg it mid next week.

Kegged this to night, one keg will remain untouched until 31st Oct, the other may have some early samplings :drink:

Smelt and tasted lovely...

Well this has been in the keg for 6 days so thought i'd have a look to see what was happening.

It's flippin lovely :cheers:

witches225x300.jpg

Latest posts

Back