Woodforde's Bure Gold

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimboscott

Reaction score
Having just polished off a load of this the past weekend I thought I'd post a review.

Didn't add anything to the kit as new back into home-brewing after 10 or so years off and trying to ease my way back in for a few kits - but wow, this has been an absolutely lovely pint to drink.

Fermentation in a bucket in a room consistently at 20c, started on 13th September. OG was 1040 ish

Fermentation was complete 8 days later, but left it for a few more days and had an fg of 1008.

Because my cornys are tied up, I decided to mini keg this batch and did it on 24th September, batch primed in a secondary bucket at around 15g per keg and then tapped it into the kegs, bunged and left in a corner until 21st October. A few days in my beer fridge and away we went.

Overall it's the best kit I've done past or present, lovely colour, body and head retention and really easy as a session drink. Having shared a mini keg with my dad last night he commented that he'd be happy being served that in a pub.

I've kept one mini keg to the side for Christmas where I fully expect it to be even better but given my lack of patience, and the beer is likely still a bit green - this is already on my to-do list again!

Attachments

• 20221018_182530.jpg
    20221018_182530.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back