Would you still vote for Brexit?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you voted Yes to Brexit would you still do so?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking news - BBC.

The UK and EU have agreed to carry on post-Brexit trade talks after a call between leaders earlier on Sunday.

In a joint statement, Boris Johnson and European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said it was "responsible at this point to go the extra mile".

The pair discussed "major unresolved topics" during their call.

But they agreed to tell negotiators to carry on talks in Brussels "to see whether an agreement can even at this late stage be reached".

Earlier this week, Mr Johnson and Mrs von der Leyen set a deadline of Sunday to decide whether to abandon negotiations or keep them going.

The PM is now holding a discussion with his cabinet to talk to them about the decision.

Labour called on the government "deliver on the promise" of securing a deal to "allow us to move on as a country".
The UK and EU have been carrying out negotiations for a post-Brexit trade deal since March and are attempting to secure one before the so-called transition period end on 31 December - when the two sides would move to trading on World Trade Organization (WTO) rules.

Without a trade deal, tariffs - charges on goods being bought and sold between the two sides - could be introduced and, in turn, prices on certain products may go up.

There are two key sticking points preventing an agreement - competition rules and fishing rights - and negotiators will now continue to hash theses issues out.

Making a statement from the Commission in Brussels, Mrs von der Leyen said the call with Mr Johnson had been "constructive and useful".

She added: "Despite the exhaustion after almost a year of negotiations, despite the fact that deadlines have been missed over and over, we think it is responsible at this point to go the extra mile."

One of the things leavers could have voted for was a negotiated agreement - if it had existed
Wasn't on the ballot paper. The vote was a simple IN or OUT question.
Four years later and it still isn’t agreed
Agreements are between two (or more) parties. Both sides need to make demands that the other side will accept. This doesn't seem to be happening...yet. The EU are known for taking negotiations right to the line. Don't expect anything until after Christmas.
I’m not clear why it felt it necessary to tell me what other people think
Wasn't aware that I did. Just cited two current issues that are having a significant impact on the UK (and the rest of the world) that are nothing to do with Brexit, contrary to what some might claim, illustrating that there are other forces at work in life. That's all. Sorry if that confused you.

@starseeker i have removed your post for the reason i posted earlier (below) i left the gullible post by @Furry Shark Brewery there as an example of what will not be allowed there is no need for members to use it to start yet another argument about who was right and wrong.

The last Brexit thread was removed because of comments like this which lead to a massive argument people made their choice based on their views on how the country is run and what they were told at the time to call them gullible because you don't agree with the way they voted is wrong and the next person that posts the same or something similar will have their post and permission to post in the thread removed, we are not going down that road again.

In answer to the thread title, a running poll from June 2016 to present from What the UK Thinks website currently has Remain 47% Leave 40% with the Leave vote not having a lead since June 2017. Seems like some people have had a change of heart since the Referendum 🤔

1607864571806.jpeg

Seems like some people have had a change of heart since the Referendum 🤔
I'm not really surprised, with the propaganda we're bombarded with from all sides. Take the "Daily Express" and the "Independent" just as examples. Identical volume of "bent" news, propaganda, opposite views.

We have already left, though (A.50TEU and our own European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018), and as others have said, need to make the best of it now.

@Furry Shark Brewery
The last Brexit thread was removed because of comments like this which lead to a massive argument people made their choice based on their views on how the country is run and what they were told at the time to call them gullible because you don't agree with the way they voted is wrong and the next person that posts the same or something similar will have their post and permission to post in the thread removed, we are not going down that road again.
That’s a shame. But I won’t bother arguing any further about the sinister pantomime we’re all in. Pretty confident that history will lay it all out there, in time.

currently has Remain 47% Leave 40% with the Leave vote not having a lead since June 2017.

They may not have lead but they were level in - September, July, may, and 1% behind in April, the amount of don't know/undecided votes could easily swing every months result the other way.

I doubt any side would be overly worried by the results of this poll.

mmmmm.jpg

Last edited:
Most UK firms depend on EU parts, components and technology, there is no such thing as an "English bank" only multi nationals with huge EU offices that has the UK as a sub set. why should i support a English farmer that's selling produce to the EU and afield. buy locally sold Chinese parts and items sold via amazon the firm that pays no UK taxes and has a terrible reputation for staff welfare and favours employing EU staff??????????

I bank with Starling Bank. Look them up, they are fantastic.

Not sure if you’re saying that we should or should not support UK farming exports? An English farmer selling to export markets is bringing money into the UK, and providing local employment. Those employees spend their wages in the UK.

I can’t argue re Amazon’s taxes and wouldn’t try to. It’s just wrong. But it’s a matter of choice for the consumer. I use them when I need to...but it’s a guilty experience.

Sorry Chippy Tea acheers.

No worries, i am just trying to keep this on topic and civil, members that haven't been here long wont know that every Brexit thread (and there have been a few) ended in a huge argument with both sides locking horns over their decision to stay or leave this lead to them all being removed.

Can’t see this one ending any differently TBH @Chippy_Tea , as I said earlier the whole country is still divided on this issue so it’s not surprising to find it here too

This thread feels a little like a failed desparate remain we were right thread. I expect what ever happens this will be something that happens. I feel it is destructive and self indignant.

Bit like the far left in this country. If you saw milliband on the bbc this morning you will see what I mean. He was mealey mouthed bitter yesterday man. I believe he was plain wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back