WOW - krausen on top

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm paet way through my 2nd attempt at a WoW and after a week or has fermented nicely down to 0.990

I'm intending to leave it be for a week but notice that the layer of pond scum/krausen is still there. Other brews I have made have seen it all naturally sink to the bottom of the fv by now...

Am I still on track ? advice anyone please [emoji1]

You arte still on track, some break up and sink some float and sink, I always give the DJ's a bit of a shake around day 3 if there is a fairly solid looking krausen.

Is this the RGJ & apple /rasp WOW that you are referring to? I have one of these on the go and noticed the floaters hung around for quite a while.Mine is prob a bit further on than yours cause they have virtually all sunk. I have just been giving mine a gentle swirl now and then to break up the crust. So give it time -should sort itself.
I did a RGJ / Grapefruit juice / Sour Cherry drink WOW at the same time and this one has loads of floating debris even though its clearing well . Guess it must be all the juicy bits out of the grapefruit.I'll leave it a bit longer but a quick taster tells me its quite dry and
could do with racking and stabalising.

Latest posts

Back