Wrexham Lager

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spose there's the ethical issues though... if you win, do you want to be openly responsible for being the creator of welsh **** water :? :lol:

BrewStew said:
spose there's the ethical issues though... if you win, do you want to be openly responsible for being the creator of welsh **** water :? :lol:

No, I'll leave that to North Wales (nee Paradise) brewery.

BrewStew said:
I don't think that they're looking for **** water :lol:
"I invite anyone interested to contact my office and to produce a real cast ale that we could call Wrexham Lager."
I think that maybe cast should read cask :hmm:

I'm not local enough :) but I love the idea. Basically a pale hoppy beer . . . It doesn't need to be a 'lager' per se, you could very well brew using all pale malt, bitter using say challenger, and then flavour with noble or Hallertau hops . . . I'm mean A lot of the UK Golding production goes to Spain for San Mig FFS.

Aim for a gravity of around 1.042, 25IBU from the bittering hops and 5-10 IBU from the late hops, ferment on the cool side using Nottingham and you are away.

Aleman said:
I'm not local enough :) but I love the idea. Basically a pale hoppy beer . . . It doesn't need to be a 'lager' per se, you could very well brew using all pale malt, bitter using say challenger, and then flavour with noble or Hallertau hops . . . I'm mean A lot of the UK Golding production goes to Spain for San Mig FFS.

Aim for a gravity of around 1.042, 25IBU from the bittering hops and 5-10 IBU from the late hops, ferment on the cool side using Nottingham and you are away.

Along the lines of what I was thinking, although not the same.

I do have the facilities for lagering now but I need to find out more information about the competition before I start planning. I was talking to the MP involved about it at the Wrexham Beer Festival but it seemed like even he wasn't sure what he wanted. Now suddenly it's exploded all over the press.

Latest posts

Back