Young's American IPA logged into brew father.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wortsup

Reaction score
Hi All
Has anyone put the recipe for Young's American IPA into the brewfather app?
If so what did you enter.
I am struggling to see what to put in.
Many thanks
StevieB

I suppose it could but you really don't need to! What are you trying to do?
That kit is ready to go..warm the malt bags top up to 23l add yeast and leave for a couple of weeks. Then dry hop.

Hi Clint
I have an I spindle in the fermenter, and I suppose I just want to see what is going with it before I start to step up to partial mash brews.
Thank for the reply by the way.

I have never put a kit on Brewfather but to make it work you would create a new recipe and name it. Select extract kit as the type. Click to add fermentables, search for “extract” and choose something like Maris otter, add the quantity you have in the kit. Add a yeast in the same way. That should be enough to progress the recipe into a batch by clicking the green tankard at the top.

You can skip through the start of the brew if you have already done this to get to the fermentation step which is where your ispindle will write to the progress graph.

I hope some of that is helpful it is quite difficult to know what to describe.

Kits have already been hopped for bitterness,flavour and aroma. Some have extra hops included for dry hopping. If you partial mash one of these kits you will change it. The Youngs premium kits are such. If you want to partial mash a kit you need to get the single can kits that have the fermentables balance made up with either sugar,beer enhancer or malt extract..or by partial mashing.
Have a look on the Coopers website there's some great examples on partial mashing and enhancing kits.

I have never put a kit on Brewfather but to make it work you would create a new recipe and name it. Select extract kit as the type. Click to add fermentables, search for “extract” and choose something like Maris otter, add the quantity you have in the kit. Add a yeast in the same way. That should be enough to progress the recipe into a batch by clicking the green tankard at the top.

You can skip through the start of the brew if you have already done this to get to the fermentation step which is where your ispindle will write to the progress graph.

I hope some of that is helpful it is quite difficult to know what to describe.
Very much so Caramel ox. I tried that and it has seemed to work. I have the temp an SG working so thanks.

Kits have already been hopped for bitterness,flavour and aroma. Some have extra hops included for dry hopping. If you partial mash one of these kits you will change it. The Youngs premium kits are such. If you want to partial mash a kit you need to get the single can kits that have the fermentables balance made up with either sugar,beer enhancer or malt extract..or by partial mashing.
Have a look on the Coopers website there's some great examples on partial mashing and enhancing kits.
Thanks Clint I will look. What have you got going at the moment? Just to nosey.

Latest posts

Back