Youngs American ipa

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simoncbr600steelie

Reaction score
Hi I have a 40 pint Youngs American ipa in the fermentation bucket, it’s been a steady 20 degrees for 24 days so far but is still bubbling out of the airlock once every 4 to 5 minutes, has anyone experienced this with the kit?
I know the temperature is a bit lower than it should be but it’s been fermenting ok so I didn’t worry about it.
Thanks

Can take a while to get to final gravity this one but the few times I've made it it's usually done after 14 days held at a steady 20 °C in my brew fridge, I only add the hops then. Have you taken a hydrometer reading?

If it's only making a bubble every few minutes though it's very likely to be done and all you're seeing is the CO2 absorbed during fermentation dropping out of suspension.

Can take a while to get to final gravity this one but the few times I've made it it's usually done after 14 days held at a steady 20 °C in my brew fridge, I only add the hops then. Have you taken a hydrometer reading?

If it's only making a bubble every few minutes though it's very likely to be done and all you're seeing is the CO2 absorbed during fermentation dropping out of suspension.
Hi thanks I’ll take a hydrometer reading to see if it’s done, appreciate your response

Hi thanks I’ll take a hydrometer reading to see if it’s done, appreciate your response
CAD580ED-FEFA-4C0D-9A04-4385C6A47569.jpeg
probably not quite finished

View attachment 37093
probably not quite finished
Take another reading in two or three days time. If its the same its probably done, even though it is a bit high for this kit. You could try gentle rousing to see if that helps (no splashing though!). If its any help I fermented my AIPAs at 19*C and they were finished and bottled within 24 days of pitching.

Take another reading in two or three days time. If its the same its probably done, even though it is a bit high for this kit. You could try gentle rousing to see if that helps (no splashing though!). If its any help I fermented my AIPAs at 19*C and they were finished and bottled within 24 days of pitching.
Will do thanks for your help

Following all the good reviews here, I Decided I had to give this one a go. The bottles are currently in the airing cupboard and have cleared and carbonated very well. I couldn't resist a quick taste at bottling but I wont be tasting the finished brew for at least another week.

Unlike all the other reviews my fermentation was done and dusted in a week, it finished at 1.006 and without the infamous excess foaming through the airlock etc. In fact its one of the quickest and most behaved brews Ive ever done.

I did notice that the supplied yeast produced a fair bit of ambient heat, it ranged between 22-24 degrees centigrade, whereas an MJ Juicy Session brewing beside it ranged between 20-22 degrees.

Latest posts

Back