Youngs Craft Beers. DME error.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PST_1971

Reaction score
Constructive advice required ....

Big brewday yesterday doing the Amber, Saison and Mocha porter kits in one go, in hindsight perhaps a little too ambitious .....

I had two bags of DME ready intending to replace most of the sugar in the kits, (1kg of light and 0.5kg very dark) light to be split between the Saison and Amber, Dark for the Porter. Initially, everything seemed to be going to plan, buckets cleaned, sterilised, LME added and watered down, time to add the DME.... a domestic disturbance and a momentary lapse of concentration later... I found myself emptying the wrong bag into the saison ..... 500gms Very Dark DME.

Is there a chance that this beer could be saved or will the malt flavours overpower the original kit and result in a very confused brew?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I don't think the sugar needs to be replaced in those kits. Wouldn't that just unbalance the flavour?

Constructive advice required ....

Big brewday yesterday doing the Amber, Saison and Mocha porter kits in one go, in hindsight perhaps a little too ambitious .....

I had two bags of DME ready intending to replace most of the sugar in the kits, (1kg of light and 0.5kg very dark) light to be split between the Saison and Amber, Dark for the Porter. Initially, everything seemed to be going to plan, buckets cleaned, sterilised, LME added and watered down, time to add the DME.... a domestic disturbance and a momentary lapse of concentration later... I found myself emptying the wrong bag into the saison ..... 500gms Very Dark DME.

Is there a chance that this beer could be saved or will the malt flavours overpower the original kit and result in a very confused brew?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I just did a saison with v. dark dme - twas fine :-) worry ye not and enjoy the experience of a mishap that could be to your advantage :grin:

Latest posts

Back