A woman filmed kicking and striking a pony during a hunt has been cleared of animal cruelty charges.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We discussed this here at the time it was shown on the news and iirc everyone said she shouldn't be allowed near those horses again, how can a jury clear her. aheadbutt

As for her losing her job as a teacher did she really think she could keep it after kicking the poor animal then slapping it across its face several times.

A woman filmed kicking and striking a pony during a hunt has been cleared of animal cruelty charges.
The RSPCA brought a private prosecution after Sarah Moulds disciplined the animal in Lincolnshire in 2021.
Lincoln Crown Court heard differing veterinary opinions about how much pain and fear the pony might have suffered.
The 39-year-old said she intended to "briefly shock" the animal but denied losing her temper and insisted the force used was appropriate.
Ms Moulds, from Somerby, near Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, faced two offences under the Animal Welfare Act 2006, namely causing unnecessary suffering to the pony and not taking reasonable steps to protect the animal from pain, suffering, injury or disease.
She told the court her life had been "torn to pieces" by the case, having lost her job as a teacher, and that she had received death threats.

After a three-day trial, the jury of 11 men and one woman cleared Ms Moulds after just over five hours of deliberation.
Ms Moulds wept as the verdict was delivered.
The court had heard she had made "minimal contact" with the pony, which she still owned, and that there were no signs of external or internal injury following the incident, which took place in The Drift, Gunby, on 6 November 2021.
Ms Moulds had been riding with children as part of the Cottesmore Hunt - one of Britain's oldest foxhound packs.
One of her own animals, called Bruce Almighty, pulled away from a child but quickly returned.
As the pony returned, the court was told that Ms Moulds "immediately chastised him".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-66605870

"Misinformation" my **** she kicked and slapped the poor animal :mad:

"I adore my animals" - well you have a strange way of showing it, i like my cat i dont kick and slap it in the face if it misbehaves.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back