Beer Fridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good! If you can, get a 12v fan (old pc fans work well) and get it in to circulate warm air around the fridge. I managed to get all my wiring through the drain hole in the back of the fridge....

You did well I've the wire for the heater through but can't get the fan cable with it, just going to bring it in the door and strategically place stuck tape to either side until the seal is close enough to made. Fan I've got is 240v panel fan but I may look for a smaller 12v as it's quite big.

If the fan only needs to run with the heater I could parallel them up? Or is it better to constantly circulate the air?

I had a fridge / freezer going as a brew fridge, but this week I plan to change that to just a fridge. I have my stc 1000 already set up.
I use a reptile heater as a heat source.

This week I was planing on adding a couple of fans. I too am interested if the fans should be on all the time. I'm thinking that just when heating is sufficient?
Also I ordered a fan speed control this week, so I can get the fans to spin a bit slower. They seemed to be going a bit fast to me when connected to a 12v power supply.

Ooh, never thought about speed control. Might have a look for one or just wireing a variable resistor in series with it should have a similar effect.

Back