Cheltenham Festival

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A T

Regular.
Reaction score
Six weeks away and i know you guys want to hear what i fancy so ye can lay them on betfair :lol: They're not the best prices and with such little form on the table this year due to the hard winter, most of what has been seen so far can be thrown out the window. I'll update this if anything changes and you lot can all have a good laugh at me when they all lose :D

Supreme Novice Hurdle: Dunguib evs
Arkle Chase: Captain Cee Bee (best bet) 4-1
Mares Hurdle: Quevega 11-10
Queen Mother: Master Minded 13/8
Gold Cup: Kauto Star 5-4

Im with you on Kauto Star. Stabled just down the road from me, stunnning beast when ye get up close to it. Oh and there is no Doubt that Mr Nichols is serious about the Gold cup again this year.
Cant be there this year but I do like Gold Cup Day , first year I went I had a shitload on Sea more Business, cause I had been working with Mr Nichols Snr and he put me onto it lucky teh bugger won..... I got very very very drunk

Bump :D

Finians Rainbow (Neptune Investment Novices Hurdle) 15/2
Al Ferof (Champion Bumper) 10/1

Paddy Power is offering money back on all bets if Dunguib wins the Supreme Novices Hurdle (which he should) but it's a chance at a free bet at bigger prices in case he is beaten :)

I placed my first Cheltenham bets today, it's a long shot but you never know :D

A €1 lucky 15 and a €5 accumulator, the bets cost €20 and returns almost €40,000 if the four horses win, if only one wins i'll get my money back or a little better ;)

Finians Rainbow 13/2
Sanctuaire 8/1
Rivalist 7/1
Advisor 10/1

Here's my bet tomorrow:
Seeing as Paddy Power is giving money back on all losing single bets if Dunguib wins, i've decided to try to take advantage. The way i see this race there is only one winner and maybe one unexposed contender, i'm gonna back both and if either wins i win

€25 win Dunguib at 5-6, if he wins i get back €45 plus the 25 for my second bet (refund)
€25 win Get Me Out Of Here, 5-1, if he wins i get back €150-€25 for Dunguib=€125
If they both lose i'm down €50
It won't make you rich but it is more beer tokens and all from the first race in the festival :D

Here's my selections for every race in Cheltenham including prices so you lot can all laugh at how bad i am at this :lol: I won't be backing every horse, just the winners :lol:
I'll be happy if i get a winner every day ;)
Tuesday
Get me out of here 5/1 beat in a photo finish
Captain Cee Bee 11/4 (possibly Sports Line :? )
The Package 11/2 beat in a photo finish
Merdermit 7/1
Grand Champetre 2/1
Quevega 6/4 won
Wednesday
Fabalu 16/1
Finians Rainbow 7/1
Diamond Harry 8/1
Master Minded 5/6
Mourad 8/1 (non runner) Now going for Deutschland 7/1
Sanctuaire 7/1 (my best bet ;) ) won, i had a nice bet on this at 6/1 :D
Al Ferof 9/1
Thursday
Rivaliste 13/2
Ainama 8/1
Tranquil Sea 4/1
Big Bucks 8/13
Finger On The Pulse 14/1
Galant Nuit 12/1
Friday
Advisor 10/1
Tawaagg 10/1
Enterprise Park 6/1
Kauto Star 4/6 (Although in my heart i want Cooldine to win :oops: )
Roulez Cool 11/4
Dorset Square 10/1
Tatanino 13/2 (second best bet)

I just received an email from somebody who is a lot more "in the know" than i'll ever be and he assures me that my best bet of the meeting Alfie Sheerin will be finishing behind Ainama 8/1 Also he tips Tricky Trickster as an each way bet @ 20/1 for the gold cup
I'm gonna change my best bet to Sanctuaire 7/1 :thumb:

Good luck with the bets AT :thumb:

I'll be having a few, but as always so that the population doesn't get too rich, i'm keeping them all to myself :rofl:

Thanks AT :cool:

I got on Sanctuaire at 6/1 and made a few quid ;) :thumb:

Looks like the bookies are smiling all the way to the bank at the moment, not too many people having more than 1 first place over the first two days :shock:

Glad you were on Wez :thumb: I did quite well on Sanctuaire, so much so that if i get no more winners i will still finish Cheltenham up money ;)