Cherry Plum Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petrolhead

Regular.
Reaction score
I had an hour to spare this afternoon so went out and picked a couple of kilos of blackberries for a gallon of wine.

My hunting ground was a disused railway line now adopted as a footpath. I had noticed several trees there in the past producing masses of yellow fruit at this time of the year. Really masses! Googled them today and they are cherry plums and a very fine fruit it would seem but apparently ignored by most people, which was apparent today.

I found a recipe on the Guardian website so I am returning tomorrow and having a go. It would appear that it makes a very good pie so that's on the agenda as well.

So a heads up for blackberries and cherry plumbs in season now but has anyone else given them a try in a wine?

Guardian link below:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2011/jul/06/how-to-make-cherry-plum-wine

I had an hour to spare this afternoon so went out and picked a couple of kilos of blackberries for a gallon of wine.

My hunting ground was a disused railway line now adopted as a footpath. I had noticed several trees there in the past producing masses of yellow fruit at this time of the year. Really masses! Googled them today and they are cherry plums and a very fine fruit it would seem but apparently ignored by most people, which was apparent today.

I found a recipe on the Guardian website so I am returning tomorrow and having a go. It would appear that it makes a very good pie so that's on the agenda as well.

So a heads up for blackberries and cherry plumbs in season now but has anyone else given them a try in a wine?

Guardian link below:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2011/jul/06/how-to-make-cherry-plum-wine

Haven't notice any about, looks an interesting wine to make, are they a little like quince?

Latest posts

Back