EB's Buzzbee Bitter Revisited

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
muddydisco said:
Wez will be going for a ride in her soon I'll let him describe the feeling to you all!!
I'm already familiar with the feeling of your spine being shoved out the top of your head, repeatedly as you hit every slight 'bump' in the road

:lol:

muddydisco said:
She used to be a 2a now a hybrid, she had the meat out of a range rover shoved in her.

I've got a 2A that I have been restoring for about 20 years - complete strip down of every bolt - it's still in bits at the mo though :roll:

Right I'm dusting this one off again this sunday as I have a freinds 21st birthday coming up, and he loved this, So the whole brew will be bottled and sent to him :D Except some Bottles :oops: Sorry EB I never lived up to my original promise of a bottle for you. I shall increase my brew length to rectify that :thumb:

If anybody wants to come and see a brewday your more than welcome, I'm finding meeting brewers from here as fun as brewing beer! We are such a mixed bag of nuts we should come with warnings!

muddydisco said:
I think I will be going down the sugar point's route next time too as my efficiency was up again somewhat
Had 1058 in the Fv was aiming for 1049.

Try taking a reading from the final wort and 'liquoring back' with some water to reach the desired gravity. I do this by running a little through my ccc to get a 'cooled' reading but you could measure it hot and correct it for temperature (usually a little innacurate in my experience) if you use an immersion chiller.

I also recirculate hot wort at the end of the boil through the hops via my ccc (cooling water switched off). This allows a)the hops to filter out some trub b) better extraction of from the final hop addition c) heat sanitisation of the ccc.
Does anyone else do this? I just use a couple of Jugs as I've not bothered rigging up a pump yet.

Thanks Pj this thread was done a long time ago, I'm making the brew again. I now have a system of recircing the boiling wort to sanatise the pump, carry on recircing whilst cooling, this saves me having to stir the wort whilst its cooling. I've also worked out the kinks and efficiencys of my system now and don't need to worry about Og's. It must be a noob thing ;)

Thanks MD, I have to get myself a pump sometime, gravity takes too long through 10m of 10mm copper about 1hr for 55L. Promised myself some more Stainless for a separate HLT. One day....

Right Hlt is on. It's a late one for me today as A freinds son is coming around to "Watch how beer is made" Little does he know he's doing all the work from weighing out to filling the Fv. The reason for this is it's his 21st in 5 weeks and 40 pints of this are his B'day present, ( I know I'm tight! ) Which he doesn't know about :lol:

So Todays Brew will be a first for me as it's the first beer I have remade and not tweaked the recipe, Apart from scaling up to 25lt just so I can get a few extra bottles.

3600.00 gm Pale Malt, Maris Otter
350.00 gm Caramel/Crystal Malt - 80L
40.00 gm Goldings, East Kent [5.00 %] (90 min)
40.00 gm Fuggles [4.40 %] (60 min)
1086.96 gm Honey
1 Pkgs SafAle S-04

Beer Profile

Est Original Gravity: 1.047 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.012 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 4.55 %
Bitterness: 39.0 IBU
Est Color: 8.8 SRM

Photo's to Follow.
OH and have got my salifert test kits now and water is lower in alkalinity than the previuos test kit :twisted:
So water treated correctly this time! Half dose then rechecked as well!
Thanks for the Tips guys!

Well here's the pics sorry for lack of them, we were too busy chatting :D

Weighing out pale

DSCF0016.jpg

Weighing out cyrstal

DSCF0017.jpg

Mash on Herms recirc

DSCF0019.jpg

First Runnings

DSCF0021.jpg

Clearish wort Not my best of recently

DSCF0022.jpg

Filling Fv

DSCF0025-3.jpg

We got 1.049 @ 26ltr So again my effiency is up :hmm: Looks like I need to adjust it.

Latest posts

Back