Favourite Saturday Night Recipe!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnsleyBrewer

Reaction score
How about a thread to post our favourite recipes that we'd cook for our partners on a Saturday night. :hmm:

Jack Daniels Spare Ribs!!
Pork Ribs from supermarket or a good butcher.
Bottle of Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce or make your own.SAUCE

Put the ribs in the pressure cooker with 2 chicken stock cubes for 15mins to tenderise the pork, then remove and dry off any excess moisture...
Place the ribs on tin foil and coat them with sauce, place in the oven Gas 5 or grill turning occasionally to brown evenly.....
Serve with rice or anything else you fancy.... ;)

They taste fantastic!!! :D
BB

Good idea for a thread BB :cool:

I like the sound of the JD Ribs, this time of year I like a nice Paella i'll dig out and post the recipe I use :thumb:

I'm the cook in the house, so cook nearly every night anyway.
Tonight it was pork and beef kebabs with a chili & tomato sauce, served with rice for me and the missus and pita bread for the nippers (no sauce for them!)

Tomorrow (Saturday) Chicken curry ... bought some fantastic coriander and scotch bonnet chilis from the sri lankan shop
yum yum!

spanish omlette, quick and easy. I got the reciepe from a lovely Spanish air hostess I met in Madrid, funnily her name was cup cake, in spanish any road, Magdalena. I do not tell the wife that part though.

prolix said:
spanish omlette, quick and easy. I got the reciepe from a lovely Spanish air hostess I met in Madrid, funnily her name was cup cake, in spanish any road, Magdalena. I do not tell the wife that part though.
Have you got the recipe to share??
BB

BarnsleyBrewer said:
prolix said:
Have you got the recipe to share??
BB

Tortillia is very easy to do BB.

Get 2 onions peel then cut in rings, 3 spuds (waxy ones if poss) cut in scallops, mix the two in a bowl with plenty olive oil, then put the mixture in a heavy based frying pan, preferably cast iron and cook on hob on a medium low heat for about 20 mins, then beat 3 eggs season with salt and pepper, and pour into the mixture, continue to cook for 5-7 mins, then place pan under a hot grill for a further 5 mins to cook the top.

For best results leave to cool then slice like quiche and serve with salad.

This isn't ordinary food this it THBF food! :D

UP

For me the best sat night food is a good fresh fish dish.

My Fav is pan fried John Dory with Boulangerie Potatoes.

Dead easy to do, for 2 people.

Get 1 Onion slice, 3 spuds slice into scallops.

layer in a baking tray, or shallow earthenware dish, pour over olive oil, and mix with plenty of fresh time, just cover with a good quality chicken stock, and season with salt and plenty of black pepper.

Place in a preheated oven at 180deg c for 45mins.

Just before spuds are done, pan fry your fillets of John Dory skin side down first for 2-3 mins per side in plenty of butter, and serve on top of the Boulangerie Potatoes.

This is a sublime dish when done well.

I also love potato's Maxim, even easier to do and great with a steak, slice 3 spuds as thinly as possible,lay flat on a baking sheet, and pout melted butter over, season with salt and pepper and cook at 180 deg c for 40 mins.

UP

Thanks' Uncle, 2 crackers there for me and others to try :thumb:

P.S
What's John Dory :hmm:

Spicy Cheesey Beans on Toast. :party:

1 can Baked Beans.
1/2 tea spoon Chilli powder.
A Handfull of finely chopped mushrooms & bacon (lightly fried).
Grated strong Chedder Cheese. (as much as you like).
4 slices fresh baked bread.

Put beans in a pan. Add mushrooms, Bacon, Chilli powder & Cheese. Cook on a low heat stiring regulaly untill cheese is melted. Toast & butter bread. Pour contents of pan over Toast. :thumb:

A soft poached egg can be placed on top for that extra special addition :thumb:

I love this.

BarnsleyBrewer said:
Thanks' Uncle, 2 crackers there for me and others to try :thumb:

P.S
What's John Dory :hmm:

Its a smallish fish with a thumbprint on its side towards the lower rear fins. Its not the easiest fish to get hold of, but you can buy it online from a fish shop in Newlyn Cornwall, and they will ship it up fresh in a polystrene box on ice.

I your kneck of the woods you may be better trying to get some Scarborough Woof fillets, (Wolf Fish, an ugly looking bstard with big teeth, but lovely tasting and cheap).

Or try Catalan Cod, potato Butterbean and Chorizo stew.
In a heavy based casserole fry 1 onion, 2 potatoes sliced and 1/2 a Chorizo, in olive oil for 4-5 mins
add 3/4 pint of good chicken stock and a good pinch of saffron, cook for 15 mins.
whilst this is cooking fry 2 slices of bread in olive oil, then when brown on both sides bash in a pestel and mortar with 3 cloves of garlic and a big handfull of fresh parsley.
after 15 mins add 1 can of butter beans drained, and a large fillet of cod cut in portions to the onion spud mixture.
cook for 5 more mins, remove from hob and stir in bread garlic a parsley mixture.

serve and enjoy.
UP

unclepumble said:
Wolf Fish, an ugly looking bstard with big teeth, but lovely tasting and cheap).
UP
Sounds like your describing some of the local women (f*uck or fight) (only thing missing is tattoos on necks) :rofl:

BarnsleyBrewer said:
unclepumble said:
Wolf Fish, an ugly looking bstard with big teeth, but lovely tasting and cheap).
UP
Sounds like your describing some of the local women (f*uck or fight) (only thing missing is tattoos on necks) :rofl:

I have met plenty of ladies from barnsley when working the tower lounge blackpool for two years John, in the early nineties.
If I had a quid for every time I was offered a pound for't Bairn, for my wares I would be bloody rich.

UP

Latest posts

Back