Going to try these...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dizidave

Reaction score
Well, after reading the tomato thread and still not being sure if its ok or not, AND having a serious glut of toms in my greenhouse i am going to have a go at a couple of gallons of tom wine.

Below are the raw ingredients, picked them last night, they are cherry toms (yellow) called "Sun Baby" they are quite sweet and not as acidic as normal red toms.

The second picture is of my grape vine, ive had maybe 3 years now and every year it produces more. the grapes arent brilliant, but i reckon i might get a gallon out of em (if i get them before the wasps do).

The recipes im thinking of are as below...

Tomato (Squidged) 3Kg
2l White Grape Jiuice
2 Lemons (juice and zest)
2Kg Sugar
Water enough to make 2 gallons
Tannin
Pectolase
Nutrient
Yeast

The grapes, was going to try picking any bad ones off the bunches then just literally crushing the bunches with my hands and leaving them to their own devices in my FV, the grapes do have a powdery coating which im assuming will be the natural yeasties.

IMG00227-20110920-1810s.jpg

IMG00228-20110921-0748s.jpg

I don't know much about brewing at all, but those toms make me think of one word...... Chutney !
omm nom nom nom

Latest posts

Back