grain crusher

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendy1971

Regular.
Reaction score
We want to crush our own barley etc and was wondering if anyone had made a grain crusher as would like any suggestions on how you would go about it. Also what materials are needed.

why not just buy it already crushed ? i buy mine from rob (malt miller) already done and i dont think i could justify the cost of a crusher just for the sake of it .. plus rob does label when it has been crushed so it is as fresh as poss :cheers:

jinxy72 said:
why not just buy it already crushed ?

You could use that argument to "Why not buy your beer already brewed and bottled?"

I buy mine crushed as well, but can understand why you might want to do it yourself. As to being able to answer the original question, sorry but I have no idea, but will watch with interest.

:lol: :lol: alright steve point taken :thumb:

wendy i see perfection is the cause :thumb: but for the amount i brew i couldnt justify it .. i think ;)

wendy1971 said:
We want to crush our own barley etc and was wondering if anyone had made a grain crusher as would like any suggestions on how you would go about it. Also what materials are needed.
This may help

Personally You will probably find it cheaper to buy one, unless you have a tame engineer with a fully kitted out workshop . . Barleycrusher (mine is the middle one) or try looking at the mill parts from Crankenstein

I got mine when the pound was just over $2 which made it a very good deal

Runwell-Steve said:
jinxy72 said:
why not just buy it already crushed ?

You could use that argument to "Why not buy your beer already brewed and bottled?"

Two answers, at least, to that one Steve, cos its better and a fraction of the price and I like doing it, is my thinking, thats three :? . :D :)

I'm not convinced the freshness would give much gain, :? but if we are talking of malting you own and crushing :hmm: there's satisfaction and saving ;)
S
Great idea A, there everything out there with Google. I will keep this one in mind. Malting :hmm: there's a challenge. ;)

Latest posts

Back