Hello from Yorkshire

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Earpworm

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm just getting into brewing and have bought myself a small setup, hoping to expand as I gain more experience.

I currently have 25L of cider fermenting well into its 6th day (started on Sun 29th) I made using a Youngs Cider Kit I got with the brewing gear.

I also have a sort-of experiment that I started today in a demi-john consisting of 4L Tropical Fruit Juice, 200g Dextrose, Youngs Cider Yeast & Yeast Nutrient. I have no idea what it's going to turn out like, how alcoholic it will be or how long it will take to ferment (if at all), but I'm hoping for the best.

Welcome! I would suggest checking out the topics on turbo cider, wurzels orange wine, and think about a beer kit if you want something to drink quickly! Those listed above are forum favourites and I guaruntee you will love them :)

Thanks for all the warm welcomes :grin:
I was considering doing a beer next (thinking bout a larger or wheat bear) from a Coopers kit, but at the moment I only have the 1 FV and 1 DJ, and they're both in use and will be for another couple of weeks atleast I'd imagine :P

welcome fellow newbie, well if its a cheap and quick lager kit u want id recommend the brewferm pils kit and a kilo of brewing sugar = 20l, mine worked great despite my need for speed, and defo better than any lager i have tried at the 3 month in bottle mark (was good before that). but would probably more suit stella /cheap lidl or tesco lager fans more than some

wilsoa1111 said:
if its a cheap and quick lager kit u want id recommend the brewferm pils kit and a kilo of brewing sugar

I may have a crack at that one, the cheaper the better I reckon while I'm at my current skill level. I'm also a fan of Corona so I like the look of the Coopers Cerveza kit.

There's just too much choice in kits for a newbie brewer.

Back