Heretic ...Evil Twin.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NIGHTSKY BREWING

Regular.
Reaction score
What a lovely cool day for brewing.....this beer had a grain bill of 5.98 kg so would be quite a big beer.
Made one yeast starter Wednesday 90g too 900ml ( fits my flask) left for two days on stir plate , then made the same starter wort again too double up the starter.....so now 1.8 Lit.....
US05 in Malt Miller all grain kit.
All went OK on brew day ....3 pot system..... Hit my number,s for 21 litres 1.064 .

But was trying the cube method.... But did not prep before how much would fit in the cube!!!!...it was 23 litres so a had to make up the extra with DME....( too remove as much air as possible)

Will pitch and save some yeast Monday after work.

Prep is everything!!!!!?..... Should know better.

Have been reading the German low DO system to hold on too malt favour, s. ... Wow they know a thing or too.....( are they holding anything back? ) l tried some tactics on this brew day.....DO is the enemy here.

Also miss my Pinpoint PH Meter l needs new probe.

Cheers Matthew.
Heathfield.

Last edited:
This was probably my favourite kit from TMM in thirty odd brews. Very nice. I also no chill. But never worry about head space in the cube. Anything from 19 to full has been fine In all my brews.

Latest posts

Back