Holidays

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The subject of taking your kids on holiday in term time raises its head again as fines are raising from £60 to £80, I get that we are being ripped off having to pay inflated prices during holiday time but it's not compulsory to take your kids abroad if you cannot afford to go in the school holidays don't go or choose somewhere cheaper

It's not just foreign holidays though. We have a caravan and tend to take most of our holidays in the UK. Even the caravan sites jack there pitch prices up during the school holidays.

I'm lucky that I'm in a financial position we we can go away a few times a year and yeah I get that if you can't afford it then don't. However I think holidays are also quite important firstly as modern life is pretty stressful so having a couple of weeks to get away from it all is valuable. It's about making memories and having quality time with your kids, especially as in a lot of families both parents work full time. My childhood memories are mostly about holidays and we were also lucky as kids because we got away quite a bit, parents also had a caravan. The bits of summer holidays at home, whilst still good, were less memorable than the holidays themselves. I probably spent too much time on my Spectrum 48k but we did go out with mates and have "adventures" around the area.

Kids are grown up now so me and the misses ju8st holiday in the UK with the dog she loves it, we do mostly caravans and the odd cottage. we thought of buying a static but you are then limited so knocked that on the head, we have 4 booked so far this year and will look at maybe 2 more if any deals come up, being retired and able to go anytime helps

Kids are grown up now so me and the misses ju8st holiday in the UK with the dog she loves it, we do mostly caravans and the odd cottage. we thought of buying a static but you are then limited so knocked that on the head, we have 4 booked so far this year and will look at maybe 2 more if any deals come up, being retired and able to go anytime helps
Sounds ideal, only another 20 or so years to go and I hope to be in a similar position 😂 for now though I am stuck to school holidays as I have 3 kids in education and my wife is a teacher so the school calendar pretty much rules out life 😑

Sounds ideal, only another 20 or so years to go and I hope to be in a similar position 😂 for now though I am stuck to school holidays as I have 3 kids in education and my wife is a teacher so the school calendar pretty much rules out life 😑
Being retied is not all sweetness and light' you imedietly get a job as a taxi driver and handyman, but you do get time to brew and grow things athumb..

Latest posts

Back